Rafa calls league managers association - To get them to help paul ince

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby burjennio » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:06 pm

SAME SQUAD? did they not sell their most creative player to Spurs? what were they expecting when they have to start Tugay, who must be close to a bus pass, because they dont have any creative midfielders?
burjennio

Postby Homebooby » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:12 pm

lakes10 wrote:The strange thing about Martin O'Neill is that i can not stand the guy but he is a great manager, I think even if he is your manager some fans still hate him, theres just something about him (cold).

as we know Football is all about money, all clubs think they should be top and winning stuff, That radio 5 link is good as it talk about this, some clubs tell their managers that they need to be in the top 4 that year even if the team has no money, they sack the manager when they end up mid table. (where they were only ever going to end up).

Eyes of a killer  :D
Homebooby

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:13 pm

burjennio wrote:SAME SQUAD? did they not sell their most creative player to Spurs? what were they expecting when they have to start Tugay, who must be close to a bus pass, because they dont have any creative midfielders?

They lost Bentley and Friedel off the top of my head, that wouldn't ever help. Santa Cruz has been less effective this season, not helped by links to other clubs including ex-boss Hughes' citeh.

But I can see why people would suggest he's not up to it with a nucleus of the same players. It shouldn't take much to get these players performing better than they are, I believe they have shipped most goals in the Premiership - 34 goals in 17 games at two a game. He's got plenty to work with, I get the feeling he lost the players of whom half probably don't rate him as a former lower league manager, maybe thinking they are more important than him, and the rest may be thinking the bubble burst when their beloved sparky left and were looking at their own best interests anyway
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:35 pm

I am glad Ince got the sack he was starting to collect our youth and reseve coaches and some felt it would lead to him taking some of the young disgruntled English talent namely Eccleston
JoeTerp

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:27 pm

Reg wrote:The more I hear of Rafa the more I think he is going to be on a par with S+P.  The guys sees teh big picture both professionally at LFC, within the EPL and also at local community level.

If only the club and its owners could be equal to the task.

whats S+P?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Madmax » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:36 pm

Ex mannure players who manage now are doing pretty shyte :D  but feel for ince though would be good for a black englishman to do well as a manager.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fingers » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:31 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Reg wrote:The more I hear of Rafa the more I think he is going to be on a par with S+P.  The guys sees teh big picture both professionally at LFC, within the EPL and also at local community level.

whats S+P?

Shanks and Paisley, hang your head in shame man.... :p
As always I am focused on supporting the Cloob and the Manager
Fingers

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Fingers wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

whats S+P?

Shanks and Paisley, hang your head in shame man.... :p

:down:   :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:54 pm

radio 5 live, monday night club

bit late in the day but the bbc have put the show back up online......now he has got the sack.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:56 pm

poor ince :(
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Madmax wrote:poor ince :(

Of course, £2.5M payout.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:59 pm

Shanks and Paisley.  My beloved mother informs me rafa and his wife are quite active with local charities, completely voluntary and unconnected to LFC. Good on them, I like it, shows they´re good folk.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:42 pm

Madmax wrote:poor ince :(

why? he was out of his depth mate simple as. there's a massive difference between being a manager of a lower div club expectations etc. i still remember p1ss1ng myself laughing in a previous topic that someone on here would love to see ince be our boss one day! ffs & some people say on here raffa out, now that's fightening!!

FWIW- i personally fecking hated when we signed ince cause he was & always be a manc in my eyes. only my opinion wich i'm entitled to.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:27 pm

I don't feel sorry for Ince at all.

How much time should he be given? Should they wait until Blackburn have been relegated, would any of you have waited longer considering this is a team which finished 7th last year, :censored: you would!

I would rather that Rafa focussed on fixing our inabaility to score and win at home than trying to protect a sh1t manager.
heimdall

Postby Rush Job » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:18 am

bigmick wrote:He'll be gone by next week. The chairmen of football clubs get exactly what they deserve sometimes, obsessed as they are with ex Carlos Kickaball's. Here's one for Zara, it's an absolute travesty that Sam Allardyce can't get a job at the moment. This is the fella who took Bolton into Europe, BOLTON FFS!!!! As he once said, if his name was Samuel Allardiccie they'd be all over him like a cheap suit.

Now you've got his ex assistant uprooting trees at Hull, a football man who talks football sense. You've got Redknapp at Spurs who's been an excellent manager for many a year and now is rebuilding the nonsense left behind by Ramos. Redknapp who won silverware with Portsmouth of all clubs, and took them into Europe. You've got Martin O'Neill at Villa who many on here can't abide and think is useless. Same fella got Celtic into a European final (knocking us out on the way) before being robbed by Mourinho's Porto the year before they went one better in the Champions League. He also won silverware with and took Leicester into Europe, Leicester FFS. And this season he looks like he's got half a chance of getting aston Villa into the Champions League. Fecking Irish bogtrotter though, what does he know. Should have sold us Gareth Barry for 10 million quid the little c...

No Ince will get the sack, and they'll get some Scandanavian bloke over who's won the Swedish League title with Malmo or somebody. Good luck to em.

I must aggree, the things said about MON on here in the summer were sickening and all because he wouldnt hand over his captain gift rapped.
As far as Ince goes I think he'll go on to be a good manager if he isnt most of the way there already but his record at Blackburn was shocking and a line has to be drawn somewhere, there was no signs of improvement and what was it 7 defeats on the bounce and like 3 wins from 17? And think what this place is like after a dodgey draw, there are fan who would sack Rafa while we are top so I think Blackburn did what most people would have weeks ago.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion