Change of manager anyone? - Words can't describe it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby THEBARON » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:12 pm

2 defeats in a row over the easter period ... will this be called a blessing in disguise by our manager ?
I am not going to resort to insulting remarks about Houllier as he went through hell and back to remain our boss but the time has surely come for him to leave.
This is not a knee jerk reaction to today's result  but a reaction to a long term trend of cr#p results since November 2002. In that time we have seen..
* a mind blowing 12 games without a win in the league
* a defeat in the FA cup at home by a lower league team with a player short
* losing to a scottish team in Europe over 2 legs for the 1st time in our history
* losing at home to Bolton and getting knocked out of the Carling Cup
* failing to beat Portsmouth over 2 games in the FA cup
* failing to reach the last 8 of this season's UEFA cup
* playing players out of position
* generally poor returns from high value transfer purchases.

Today's defeat against Charlton was our 5th home defeat in the league - if we lose another then we will see another record - namely the most home defeats since we were promoted in 62.

If we do make 4th place then that should not be judged a success given our playing staff , history and vast outlays in the transfer market.
Don't forget we finished second only 2 years ago ! Our trend since then has been a downward one and this is why Houllier should go.
Quit now  , you risked your health to come back , you gave it your best shot but it wasn't enough, it is time for someone else...
THEBARON

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:15 pm

Very well researched Baron although reading that list of upsets, fasiures and defeats has made me even more depressed than i was !!!! :p  i've ben this afternoon and we were poor for NOT the first time this season, its time for  change. ONE chance in 90 mins playing at home tells its own story :(
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:37 pm

He's not going to go, get used to it. :angry:
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:37 pm

GH surely has to accept now that he isn't the man for LFC and bow out with dignity by resigning NOW. Let Thommo take the reigns for the rest of the season and start the job immediately of lining up Houllier's replacement whoever that may be.  :(  :(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:34 pm

Houllier is a determined and somewhat arrogant man.

Resignation is not in his vocabulary unfortunatley.

He must be pushed, but again, I cant see the board doing this either.

Morgan must be allowed to muscle in on these back patting gutless wonders in the boardroom, a man who hurts like we do looking at the league table.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zackboxer » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:10 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Houllier is a determined and somewhat arrogant man.

Resignation is not in his vocabulary unfortunatley.

He must be pushed, but again, I cant see the board doing this either.

Sadly correct  :(

In all probabililty GH will be manager next season.
God, surely next season can't be as low as this, can it ?!  :(  :(
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:51 pm

redman25 wrote:see your point redspirit but can you really see heskey getting 20 goals plus under any manager??

I can see heskey getting twenty goals a season under a good manager like oneill. I cannot only see him doing it I HAVE ALREADY SEEN HIM DOING IT.

The problem is houllier is not getting the best out of him.

I wish martin o'neill comes.
I cant believe someone there said they dont want oneil to come because he is a fan of heskey and wouldnt sell him.

Two words for you

F U C K   O F F.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:16 am

Todays game was dire, it sums up our season, how can we claim 4th spot if the players themselves dont believe they can? we lacked passion, belief, and the will to make it happen, no motivation and certainly no pride in the red shirt. I think it may be better if we dont finish 4th, if it means another season under GHs leader(less)ship!! I would not give that frenchman another 13pence to spend, never mind £13 million to be gambled on bringing cisse over?. We need to clear out the dead wood and have we got some!! to many players with overated egos, and over inflated wage packets.Its time this board of ours woke up and started taking a realistic look at our demise, instead of burying their heads in the sand and hoping everything will turn out fine once gh gets us into the CL with a squad that would not last 5mins in that competition!!.   :angry:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:24 am

[quote]its time for oneil but the problem is if he comes then heskey wont be sold.  Oneil is a big fan of him which is a concern. 

if he does come to us he get heskey to score more goals then fallin on his a#se all the time
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:57 pm

Every fan who goes to Anfield must realise we the fans have the power to get houllier out.We can either stop goin and then maybe the board would wake up and take the hint when the crowd is down in the low 30 thousands or we can make it a full house and stage a massive walk out just before game kicks off.All those fans that say doin either is not bein real true fans does not realise that it is all for the good of thisonce mighty club which is deep in our souls.Stevie wonder can see this team has been goin nowhere except bottom half next season and without the demon Gerrard we would be in a relegation battle now.I would love to go and watch a few trainin sessions cuz it seems to me like when they get on the pitch they have no idea what they are tryin 2 acheive with so many aimless passes and lack of any urgency.I dont think houllier realises that u attack as a team not just with 3 or 4 players.O Neill or Mourinho would be very good men 4 the job in my opinion but the board seem to have been put asleep with our pathetic borin style of play.Wake up dummies and get rid cuz the muppet will never do the decent thing and resign.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion