No words to describe...... - Utterly disappointed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby e449e » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:55 pm

Am watching the 'live' soccer match between liverppol and southampton and i must say that i am utterly disappoint with the team,especially Michael Owen for missing that penalty. I just hope that Gerrard Hollier will be changed as soon as possible and the new coach should get at least a striker,a midfielder and a defender. All i can say is that i have been a liverpool supporter for more then 25years and this is the year when i almost gave up supporting them. Time and again, the team falters against 'easy' opponents. The manager with the acquisition of some questionable players coupled with lousy tactics made the once proud team into a meagre one!!!  I don't want to say this but SACK HOULLIER!!!!
e449e

Postby snappy » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:08 pm

never posted a message before but I have to say perhaps its not so bad Mr Owen wants to leave if we don't qualify.

I'm the first to admit when he is on form he is a world class stiker, but what about the other 50% of each and every season?

If we want to be title contenders, or even top 3 finishers we need to replace Owen!

Snappy
snappy

Postby zardd » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:14 pm

I also almost gave up supporting Liverpool this season ever since watching them from 1986. I can't believe this is the Liverpool which I have always supported. There is no teamwork, no attacking play which can be proud of, no consistency.....just can't believe my eyes.
zardd

Postby banana » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:22 pm

I think it is fair to say that GH has done a poor job and should be fired TODAY. If the board refuse to do their job, maybe the fans can. Let's come together and force Houllier out. I know we can do it.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby big al » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:28 pm

For those who blame Owen! Wise up!  He's got no faith no confidence and has for sometime carried the team on his own back under Houllier.  Gerrard maybe having to do the carrying this season but it was Owen who won this club and GH many trophies.  Anyone who blames Owen is missing the point.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:44 pm

Owen missed the penalty twice in nearly 2 weeks, why he do it again after lost his confidence, sort it out or we will be fcuking doomed!!

Let's starting campaign next match, what we want......Houllier out! Houllier out! Houllier out! Houllier out! It is about time for the board should listen to us fans, I don't understand why they ignore us!! For f##k's sake!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby snappy » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:50 pm

Its not really Owen I am getting at, its LFC's dependence upon him.

We need a change in style to be a contending force
snappy

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:52 pm

a change in style will only come about with a general change in personnel. we desperately need more english grit and determination if this team is going to move forward. houllier simply doesn't have the eye to spot a decent unknown foreigner like wenger.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby big al » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:56 pm

For those who don't know let me tell you that its the manager who selects the penalty taker at the beginning of each game.  Owen is an employee of Houllier so he does what hes' told. I loved to see all the Owen critics telling their boss where to go if he asked them to do a partof their job!
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby snappy » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:10 pm

did you here the aftermatch interview?
snappy

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:14 pm

let me guess. we were unlucky, missed a few good chances and can still get 4th?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby staticstranger » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:14 pm

Stan Laurel wrote:Owen missed the penalty twice in nearly 2 weeks, why he do it again after lost his confidence, sort it out or we will be fcuking doomed!!

Let's starting campaign next match, what we want......Houllier out! Houllier out! Houllier out! Houllier out! It is about time for the board should listen to us fans, I don't understand why they ignore us!! For f##k's sake!

I couldnt' agree more.  Enough is enough!!
staticstranger

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:17 pm

yeah houllier also blamed the offside 1st goal and pointed out that their keeper was man of the match. that's what he gets paid for for f#ck sake.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby youngy1966 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:23 pm

I think your missing the point with Owen.He has been Englands no 1 striker for some years now but since his last injury he has lost a yard of pace.This yard of pace was the very thing that made him into the striker he was and now he is just an ordinary frontman who now has defenders bigger and now quicker than him.He was never the best finisher in the first place and with his confidance at an all time low his finishing is not much better than a sunday league player.The problem is we do not have anyone else.Heskey just fall over evertime the ball hits him,Baros runs as fast as possible with his head down and only stops when he runs into the crowd,Diouf is nearly as much of a waste of space as Heskey and Kewell is not a centre forward.

Bring on Cisse, get rid of Heskey,diouf,e aww biscan,diao,traore,murphy.Give hypiaa,henchoz and riise the kick up the backside they need and more importantly get rid of GH!!
youngy1966

Postby JohnBull » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:34 pm

Anyone who blames Owen has missed the whole point of the complaints against the club this season. He is the same player who won us the cup ,on his own and the only difference is not "a loss of pace" but a loss of faith. Houllier had a two year shelf life at the most - he's well past it.
Was anyone really surprised today ? did anyone expect another corner turned?
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion