Which change is the most important ? - New manager or new players?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fritzylfc » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:03 pm

it changed the day we finaly put the nail in the coffins of houllier and co. put in a manager that understands the modern game where pace skill movement teamwork is needed not by a couple of players but the whole squad. rafa its only being weeks but ive enjoyed watching the changes. hope theres more.:) :) :) :
fritzylfc

Postby kindaconfuzed » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:05 pm

Mt 2pence worth is that its a complex issue and one that isn't explained simply....but thats never stopped me before!

I think the new manager and players have acted like a catalyst to create synergy. Raf had said before the Monaco game that he thought there was good team spirit which I think can be interpreted as the thought this aspect of the team was lacking when he arrived.

This linked with new tactics and new players is helping to mould the team and what they need now is a few good results under their belt to increase their confidence.

"Yes mam I will get off the computer now"
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:11 pm

blind wrote:i think the new guys will still take a little time but i was also glad to see some one has given kewell a firm kick up the ****** and is now playing a bit like hw did for leeds ,long may it continue.

Blind, the emergence of Kewell in the Monaco game was not only down to a kick up the bum. I reckon it was a positive result from some quick early balls from Alonso, played short to Kewell. Harry prefers to carry a ball from a short pass rather than run on to a long ball !!  :)
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:24 am

Will we field carlos beattie?

If we do, what is his the position to field him? Do we go for his best position or should we "do a Houllier" and play him anywhere BUT his best position and then justify it by showing some obscure statistics?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:46 am

Redrider

Yer can't convince me it was just alonso's quick Balls I reckon there's a lot of change in the dressing room and training thats altered the culture....and if only we knew the rest. :cool:
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:41 am

Give Houllier the same team and we will struggle against teams like West Brom etc...is that unfair? Yes...coz Houllier will never see the quality in Garcia and Alonso. He will most probably sign some Greeks who had a good Euro'04.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:42 am

Where should we play Carlos Beattie? Did Houllier actually signed him? :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:53 pm

I think at long last there is a bit of inventivness in the side now, which we have seen since Jari was here
Jari's mullet

Postby azriahmad » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:08 am

Yes, it was a shame that a pleyer of Litmanen's abilities was used so sparingly and then, not used to his strengths. He came on a Bosman, I just wonder why Houllier did sign him if he was only ever to be used as a sub?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion