Which change is the most important ? - New manager or new players?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thor Viking » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:02 pm

Saw a bit of the old LFC in the match vs Monaco - the ball was played fast between many of the players - and often in the right direction. Whose "fault" is that ? Is it the new manager that causes the change or is it players like Alonso, Carlos and Cisse`? ???
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:10 pm

Thor Viking wrote:Saw a bit of the old LFC in the match vs Monaco - the ball was played fast between many of the players - and often in the right direction. Whose "fault" is that ? Is it the new manager that causes the change or is it players like Alonso, Carlos and Cisse`? ???

I think we owe it all to Carlos :D :p
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:25 pm

new manager new ideas. the players are capable of executing any order of play dished out by the manager, but it would depend on the coaching skills of those said managers. so its the manager na coaching staff for me
106-1093504160

Postby Thor Viking » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:59 pm

addicted norwegian wrote:
Thor Viking wrote:Saw a bit of the old LFC in the match vs Monaco - the ball was played fast between many of the players - and often in the right direction. Whose "fault" is that ? Is it the new manager that causes the change or is it players like Alonso, Carlos and Cisse`? ???

Are we talking `bout the same Carlos ? The midfielder or...... :kungfu:
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:00 pm

For me it's the players. Vision is the watchword, Alonso has it, Gerrard has it.
Murphy didn't have it. Littmanen and McCallister had it, but we lost our way when they left. :;):
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby maximus » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:09 pm

Carlos Beattie??
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Thor Viking » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:22 pm

maximus wrote:

Carlos Beattie??

Who is Carlos Beattie ?Someone I should know ? :p
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thor Viking » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:26 pm

I`m sorry - wrong name due to my brain damage : I mean Luis Garcia and not any Carlos !!!!!
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:52 pm

maximus wrote:

Carlos Beattie??

I guess Carlos Beattie is gonna be benched now that it seems Cissè and Cissè are gonna play upfront :D
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:58 pm

maximus wrote:

Carlos Beattie??

I guess Carlos Beattie is gonna be benched now that it seems Cissè and Cissè are gonna play upfront :D

Does that mean you think we will finally beat Blackpool now then addicted??
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby blind » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:06 pm

both as the new ideas come from both the new manager and the players that have come in and i have been impressed with the variety of free kicks and corners that we have cause we have been very predictable in those situations before now.

i think the new guys will still take a little time but i was also glad to see some one has given kewell a firm kick up the ****** and is now playing a bit like hw did for leeds ,long may it continue.

I think the problem we had was also that with MO in the side we always looked for the same through ball and other teams saw that and stopped us playing too many times so i think we have an edge over other teams now as we are much less predictable and can now score from for then 2 players.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:07 pm

I`m gonna put my money on a 3-0 win, Goalscorers:
Cissè 1, Cissè 1 and Carlos Beattie 1. We`re finally gonna beat Blackpool :D
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:10 pm

addicted norwegian wrote:I`m gonna put my money on a 3-0 win, Goalscorers:
Cissè 1, Cissè 1 and Carlos Beattie 1. We`re finally gonna beat Blackpool :D

:laugh:  :laugh:   :D LMFAO!!!! QUALITY
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:32 pm

Will we field carlos beattie?
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daddyo » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:33 pm

New manager is more important i think.

There have been plenty of occasions when a new manager has arrived at a club, and without additions to the playing staff has turned something bad into something better.
However there have also been many occasions where managers have bought players in only to be let down by the same.

Ideally there will be a balance in which a new manager will bring with him new ideas an a sense of freshness and add a few new players to show an all round improvement.
daddyo

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion