No words to describe...... - Utterly disappointed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby staticstranger » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:34 pm

in all honesty, I did not expect a loss.
staticstranger

Postby Supermarius » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:46 pm

I did.
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby big al » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:57 am

I expect to loss to either Portsmouth or Wolves perhaps even two draws.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby ynwa » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:03 am

Liverpool are in talks with Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra about investing in the club, according to his advisor.
The telecommunications tycoon is looking to get involved in football and failed in a bid to buy a stake in Fulham last year.

Thai national team coach Thawatchai Satchakul, who advised Thaksin during his targeting of Fulham, revealed talks with Anfield officials are at an early stage.

"They want to sell to us, and we want to buy. We've expressed our interest that we want to be part of their club," said Thavatchai.

"We are still in the phase of unofficial negotiations."

Other Thai investors are also thought to be involved in the negotiations and Thavatchai insists their interest in buying a stake in Liverpool is serious.

"We still haven't decided the details, but are we serious about this? Yes, we're serious," said Thavatchai.

Any proposed move for Liverpool would depend on current chairman David Moore, but he could be persuaded to allow Shinawatra come on board to bring more funds in to bolster the squad.
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shilton_red » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:45 am

These two games v Pompey and Wolves are a real test . Lose these and it wont matter whether we would eventually reach 4th or what Houllier wont be around to find out .
I wanted him to have a chance but if we cant beat these two teams after losing to Southampton there is something very sadly wrong .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:04 pm

I hate to sound like a smart a#se but me and Owzat have been saying since Christmas that even when our best players return our form will still fluctuate badly and there would be plenty of banana skins along the way.

The defeats to Portsmouth and Southampton prove our point.

By the way, I get no satisfaction from this: watching Kevin Phillips shot loop in yesterday was one of the worst feelings of my life.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby BOODIDDY » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:11 pm

When your a red, your a red for life. These are hard times but once we get rid of le frog and bring exciting footie back to Anfield or the new stadium then we will be challenging once again at the pinnacle of euro football
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby iscah » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:48 pm

We did not play bad up to the point of finishing. 16 goal attempts to 5 and we lost 2-0. I posted previously showing that every loss we have had this season we have had more scoring attempts than the opposition. And they are very good chances, not speculative no build up efforts. We just do not finish.

I got shouted down for saying that Michael Owen is not a natural goalscorer, and that he needs about 6 chances to score (at a guess). He has talent in other areas but he is not a 'natural'.

Anyhow last night did nothing to change my mind that we create more than enough chances and my views on Owen remain the same. People who say he is not trying are wrong, he gets into the positions, makes the runs, just is not clinical enough.

Steven O'Neil
Perth
iscah

Postby shilton_red » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:03 pm

It can get worse to v Pompey and Wolves .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:13 pm

No matter what you say or believe, the stats DO NOT LIE

Last 53 league games - P53 W19 D16 L18 PTS 73

We have lost 1/3 of our league games over a long period. Even injuries and "bad luck" cannot explain away mediocrity of that magnitude :(

£14m on Cisse - no way, let's spend however much in compensation and dump Houllier.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zardd » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:48 pm

when we won the treble few seasons ago, we are such a good counter attacking side. but since then, we can't defend properly...forgot how counter attack works...and worse still,we dont't even know the basic skills of attacking the opponents now. the midfield seems static and lost, nobody is moving around to create chances for others...everyone is waiting for the guy with the ball to play it to him. No idea what GH does during their training session,maybe only talk & no action.
zardd

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:56 pm

it's a lack of basic skills which is the trouble. the treble season we had mcallister and litmanen who never gave a ball away between them. as good as gerrard is he tries to play killer balls far too often when they aren't on. we need a "dennis bergkamp" type player to just thread those short 5-10 yard passes through to our strikers. a link between midfield and attack.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zardd » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:02 pm

the midfield really need some quality improvements before we can really challenge for anything.
zardd

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:05 pm

yeah look at arsenal.

pires- 10-12 goals a season
ljungberg- 8-10 goals a season
viera- 5 goals a season
edu- 8-10 goals a season

thats the difference. from open play they have goals from all positions. owen and kewell will be the only players in double figures for us.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zardd » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:13 pm

think its because we have been relying too much on owen to give us the goals. once he's injured or off form, we will suffer bad. plus this season baros got injured for so long, he couldn't
forge a good partnership with owen. between strikers, there must be a good understanding with each other, just like former ManU's cole & yorke, so that they can create chances for each other.
zardd

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion