Tottenham v liverpool - Our next game and an important one

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:09 am

stmichael wrote:reina looks good to me. three league games, three clean sheets. can't argue with that.

:buttrock

the good thing on pepe as a contrast to dudek is he got more confidence in his response -which is essential in under pressure games
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:20 am

drummerphil wrote:i,m watching Newcastle against Fulham now,god Owen and the Newcastle team look sh!t ........listen Lads and Lassies if this is what spending 50m in the window gives you,i reckon we will be fine.:laugh:

what about real madrid  :p  loses 3-2 to celta........ see what happens to teams which screw us ?

1)Buys Owen for 8 million
2)Sells us cup-tied & 1/4 fit morientes for 6 million
3)Want 16 million for owen after 1 year
4)Hardball tactics again with figo deal

now look what happen to them....  :buttrock

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=342252&cc=4716

La Liga: Real fall to shock home defeat

MADRID, Sept 10 (Reuters) - Uruguayan midfielder Fabian Canobbio upstaged Real Madrid's Brazilian contingent when he scored a contentious goal to give promoted Celta Vigo a 3-2 win in the Bernabeu on Saturday.

Chilean defender Pedro Contreras put the visitors in front early on but the overwhelming pressure from Real soon paid dividends.

Brazilian striker Ronaldo converted a penalty and his compatriot Julio Baptista scored his first goal since moving from Sevilla with a diving header a minute before the break.

But former Liverpool midfielder Antonio Nunez levelled the scores almost immediately reacting quickly after Iker Casillas saved a penalty.

Canobbio wrapped up the points for the Galicians when the linesman ruled that the midfielder's shot against the crossbar had crossed the line, 14 minutes from time.

Barcelona host Real Mallorca in the Nou Camp on Sunday, while early pace-setters Athletic Bilbao travel to the capital to play Getafe.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:04 pm

Nunez scores against Madrid! :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Great Shankly Statue » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:12 am

bad game for us. its ok being on top for 90 mins or whatever..we need to hit the back of the net!
The Great Shankly Statue

Postby Paul_Poland » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:44 am

A.B. wrote:Cisse wasn't impressive today. I'm not pasing judgements on him overall but his performance was far from what is needed from a player with a 14 million pound price tag. No it's not his fault that we payed that much for him but he needs to play a bit better.

Great shot on goal in the second half from 30 some yards out but then later on he had a clear goal opportunity and really didn't take it.

Who was impressive in that match? If You don`t get passes , You won`t score...
Image There`s only one Jerzy Dudek and one Anfield Road!!!
Paul_Poland

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:03 pm

Nobody really stood out but that doesn't execuse Cisse for miskicking the ball in area he could had easily scored a goal.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:51 am

A.B. wrote:

Nobody really stood out but that doesn't execuse Cisse for miskicking the ball in area he could had easily scored a goal.

Cisse should of done better with that chance, but i thought he had a decent game, and given a bit of time i really think he will score goals.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion