Tottenham v liverpool - Our next game and an important one

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:22 pm

drummerphil wrote:i,m watching Newcastle against Fulham now,god Owen and the Newcastle team look sh!t ........listen Lads and Lassies if this is what spending 50m in the window gives you,i reckon we will be fine.:laugh:

True Phil there so bad its embaressing!! 
Souness is a sh.ite manager,cant see him lasting much longer up there!
Then God only knows hat team he'll ruin next!Maybe Everton could sack Moyes and get Souness in to ruin them even more!That would be fun!!  :nod
66-1120597113

Postby drummerphil » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:26 pm

Tell you what Barry,with that defence i cant see them winning at all,fancy spending all that money and not improving the defence.......my prediction he will be gone in November
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:31 pm

Yeah phil thy're cr@p at the back! They're next two games are away to Blackburn and home to city! I doubt thy'll get a point outta those two the way they're playing and then it'll be bye bye Souness!
With a good manager they could be so much better,must be so frustating to be a Toon fan now!
66-1120597113

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:11 pm

yes true but we must change the way we play, spurs had what look like a good goal not given, it still a bit like last year we are not a force away from home, home tyeans see us comming with the 4-5-1 and think ok lets get at them

We did change the way we play. Today we played 4-4-2 did we not? Second half after taking off Crouch we converted to 4-5-1 and looked much better.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:22 pm

Forgot to mention a few things.

Reina made one or two decisive mistakes in the first half but he didn't let that affect him as he made some top notch saves. He will definetly prove to be a key player for us this season.

Secondly I'm happy that Traore is back, because it means that we have competition for the LB position. Warnock is not afraid to get stuck in but he really lacks positional sense and that will be a problem sooner or later.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:27 pm

a clean sheet and a point is a good result at white hart lane, full stop.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:30 pm

Cisse wasn't impressive today. I'm not pasing judgements on him overall but his performance was far from what is needed from a player with a 14 million pound price tag. No it's not his fault that we payed that much for him but he needs to play a bit better.

Great shot on goal in the second half from 30 some yards out but then later on he had a clear goal opportunity and really didn't take it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:52 pm

A.B. wrote:Reina made one or two decisive mistakes in the first half but he didn't let that affect him as he made some top notch saves. He will definetly prove to be a key player for us this season.

:laugh:

yeah considering he's the goalkeeper he could be quite key. without him we'd probably lose every game. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:53 pm

Cheeky St., you know what I ment but cheeky. :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:56 pm

just pullin ya leg AB :p

reina looks good to me. three league games, three clean sheets. can't argue with that.

:buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mikopool » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:51 pm

stmichael wrote:
A.B. wrote:Reina made one or two decisive mistakes in the first half but he didn't let that affect him as he made some top notch saves. He will definetly prove to be a key player for us this season.

:laugh:

yeah considering he's the goalkeeper he could be quite key. without him we'd probably lose every game. :D

Except newcastle.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Gareth G » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:59 am

To add to the Newcastle bombarding, from what I've seen of Boumsong so far, I'm glad we didn't sign him!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:14 am

stmichael wrote:charlton for the title. :D

Darren Bent scored again, he's been absolutley outstanding for them. Alan Curbishley is an excelent manger, he doesn't have much money but signs players lik3 Bent who perform incredibly well in the EPL.

Charlton definitely looking like a top 6 side, although it's early days.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:25 am

Bent is this season's Andy Johnson but with no penalties and a better player. Sounds like something Kevin Keegan would say don't it? :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby red_guy » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:49 am

We didnt concede and still getting at least a point from the last 3 games, we did ok, happy with that.....and watching the bluenose's ferguson scored a 'brilliant' header against his own team is definitely a bonus. :D
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion