Tottenham v liverpool - Our next game and an important one

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Alonso14 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:58 pm

Arsenal 2-0 down. Dont think they'l come back and win 5-3 without henry and viera. ???
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:59 pm

Benitez satisfied..Me too

Rafael Benitez declared himself satisfied with Liverpool's performance at Tottenham and felt with a little bit more luck the Reds could have taken all three points. 
The Liverpool manager felt it was a good game for a 0-0 scoreline and praised his team for their hard work against dangerous opponents.

Benitez said: "I always pick a team with the intention of winning the three points and we could have won today with the opportunities we created. Riise was unlucky to hit the cross bar and we had other opportunities, but we kept another clean sheet and we are more consistent away now.

"I thought Crouch and Cisse did well together up front and were unlucky not to score. Cisse makes runs while Crouch wins headers and holds the ball up. Crouch will help us win balls we didn't last season and he will improve the attack.

"Tottenham are a good team with a good squad and a good manager. They will be hoping to make the top four like we do but we want to aim a lot higher than that."

Benitez also revealed that midfielder Dietmar Hamann and Stephen Warnock should be fit to make the trip to Real Betis after the pair came off with injuries at White Hart Lane.

Benitez said: "Didi Hamann had to come off at half time because he was a little dizzy after being hit with the ball in the first half and Stephen Warnock had cramp in his calf, but I think both players will be fine for Tuesday night against Real Betis." 

May I also remind you that many of our first teamers played internationals .. Morientes only one crocked..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:59 pm

Pleased with a point today and we played well by all accounts. Good news is that we went with 2 up front . We have had a decent start with two away draws at grounds we usually struggle, plus a home victory. Certainly our draw today was better than Man Utds and looking at the latest Arsenals tally today. Better still Everton are on the skids big time and Ferguson knocked in his own goal. Reasons to be cheerful indeed comrades   :)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby stoney » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:03 pm

Arsenal are lacking the vavavoooom right now :laugh:
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:06 pm

:D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:07 pm

nil nil is a good result for us.

yes the boro fans will be cracking open bottles of white lightning tonight.
Last edited by Reinas No.1 Fan on Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:12 pm

reyes has just scored 90th min but it looks like its too late.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:17 pm

Happy with the result today!
Aint seen it yet but looking forward to Motd!Was listening to Phil thompson on Sky sports and sounds liked we played well! Although the game could have went either way the boys done good!Theres an obvious improvement from last year in general with the team so we've all got good reason to be optomistic!!
Two massive games next in Betis and the scum!Would be so sweet if we can win both and great for team confidence!
66-1120597113

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:18 pm

2-1 to boro.  Arsenal looks too light-weight. Our midfield will butcher theirs.......when do we play arsenal ?

there is a rumour going around that wenger & henry fell-out...not sure. hope its true  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:21 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Happy with the result today!
Aint seen it yet but looking forward to Motd!Was listening to Phil thompson on Sky sports and sounds liked we played well! Although the game could have went either way the boys done good!Theres an obvious improvement from last year in general with the team so we've all got good reason to be optomistic!!
Two massive games next in Betis and the scum!Would be so sweet if we can win both and great for team confidence!

don't miss risse's "almost" goal of the season....anything looney can do risse can do better....  :bowdown
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:23 pm

The match is on the telly at my work in 7 minutes ( I am in Canada ) when about is Risse's shot that I should look out for?
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:28 pm

- in the 2nd half
- i think it is from a corner, the spurs defender heads away the ball...
-from the edge of the box risse volleys it (like rooney did last season). It struck the underside of the bar.
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:09 pm

sounds like a play from fifa 2005 :D

cheers pal!
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:08 pm

The_Rock wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:Happy with the result today!

don't miss risse's "almost" goal of the season....anything looney can do risse can do better....  :bowdown

Cheers mate!! I'll look out for it if can manage to keep awake till then! Too much drink last nite im shattered now! :D
66-1120597113

Postby drummerphil » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:16 pm

i,m watching Newcastle against Fulham now,god Owen and the Newcastle team look sh!t ........listen Lads and Lassies if this is what spending 50m in the window gives you,i reckon we will be fine.:laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion