Tottenham v liverpool - Our next game and an important one

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:39 pm

Last seasons encounters with Totenham ended both time in a stalemate (in the league anyway). Since then Tottenham to have been strengthening the squad but so have we. I would expect to see Peter Crouch figure in the game at some point and possibly a chance to test the 3some conbination of Alonso, Gerrad and Sissoko, this is assuming of course Gerrard comes away unscathed form international duty. I have to say im excited at seeing Peter Crouch in action in the Premiership. Hes had his fair share of doubters since he joined but im sure he can score a few. I am also eager to see if Warnock starts ahead of Risse. The call up from England is an obvious signal that we are once again forming a defensive backline that was so dominant in the days of the henchoz/hyypia combination.

On paper despite the load of activity going on at Whit Hart Lane i would still say that Liverpool should eb able to come away with 3 points although i think Tottenham will pose a much tougher task this time round. Jermaine Defoe has improved once again and they actually have a decent midfield in Davids, Ried and Jenas. I think the key point will be to neautralise Davids as we all know he can be some what physical at times however we now have Sissoko. Sissoko sometimes can let the odd pass stray but on the whole hes look pretty well rounded to me. Hes not scared to get a tackle in, can pass and can shhot. He unlucky not to get a goal against Sofia in the dying minutes. Our luck in finding a right winger may force Rafa to start Cisse on the right again. Yes he can runn at people and cross pretty good but his main potential is as an out and out striker as he showed in the Super cup.

My prediction 4-2 to Liverpool.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:56 pm

This is a good match to test our team.  Tottenham looks pretty tough, so our players have to play well.  I think Cisse should start more often.  He showed in the Supercup what he's capable of.  Crouch will probably play and I think he'll have a good match.  He's eager to prove his doubters wrong and I'm sure he'll play well.

Overall, Tottenham and Man U back to back make it a tough mini-stretch.  I expect our players to play well.

Tottenham 2 - 3 Liverpool
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Everton Killa » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:00 pm

yh we beat tottenham and it will build da teams confidence and then we take dat against man utd and beta them and that will bring our season upp no doubt
Everton Killa

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:03 pm

I think Rafa should startv with Crouch and Cisse up front. It worked against Kaunas in the first leg, and to be honest thats the only combination that has worked to some degree. Morro and others are yet to fully link up although acoring aside Nando does still contribut with soem good touches ect.....

Although its early in the season you can see that Martin Jol is trying to rebuild Tottenham in the same way Rafa is with us.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:07 pm

If we take a point at Spurs its a good point. To be honest I cant see us taking 3 so it will be a surprise to me. We have a lot of convincing to do on the road, our performance at Middlesbrough was dissapointing enough. Spurs are different class to Boro. We will need to be at our very best to take the points in this encounter but the form book does not really give us much hope.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red or dead » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:09 pm

renia

finninan            hyypia       carra           warnock 

sissoko

cissie          gerard            alonso        zenden

crouch
2 - 1 to liverpool :eyebrow
red or dead

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:10 pm

I have a feeling this will end in a 1-1 or 2-2 draw myself, although I never usually try and predict the scores of games as I'm useless at it so disregard this post.

I'm looking forward to what should be a cracking game though.
jonnymac1979

Postby Ydde » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:13 pm

Think it will be tight. Tottenham is becoming a good side.

Hope Crouch gets to play some part of it, and hopefully we get to nick a win. Though I wouldn't mind a draw to be honest.
Ydde

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:16 pm

renia

sissoko

gerard            alonso        zenden

cissie                crouch

3-0 Liverpool                              :)
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:19 pm

109-1093441336

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:22 pm

I can see it being really tight. 0.0 or 1.0 either way. We don't have a good record down there, and Spurs are playing well.
I think Crouch and Cisse should start, but they probably won't. I can see Rafa playing one striker (Crouch) and Gerrard "in the hole" with Garcia on the right. Alonso will partner Momo in the middle.
Mark my words.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:22 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:renia

sissoko

either your just optimistic or you really are a madman
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:29 pm

2-1 liverpool or 1-1

spurs are looking like a rly good squad now and we should be aware of them.

riena

finna    hyypia   carra   warnock

garcia   gerrard   alonso   riise

crouch   ciise
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:48 pm

I think we can definatly win its entirly dependant on the formation. I think i would stay away from playign Zended on the left as he sometimes gives aways possesion and And Reid is very fast and would exploit this fault in him.

I would Warnock in LB
Carra and Hyypia on the Centre
and Finnan on the right

I would play Risse LM
with Gerrard and Alonso in the centre, Luis Garcia on the right with Sissoko playing behind them in a holding defensive position

Up front i would go with either Crouch or Cisse

The reason for 4-5-1 is becasue Sissoko, Alonso and Stevie will form a block that can easly contain Davids whilst still getting forward. For me 4 in medfield would allow Davids to break through and we cannot afford any slips ups in possesion (Zenden !!!!!!). For me sissoko and Davids is going to be the deciding battle in midfield.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:01 pm

stoney wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:renia

sissoko

either your just optimistic or you really are a madman

Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned 4-4-2 well sort of!! With Sissoko breaking  things up an protecting  the defence,i think  that looks a great starting line up!Not too keen on this 4-5-1  that all teams are  playing at  the momennt,Midfielld  becomes too crowed and it  usually makes  for a boriing game  wiith  fewer  goals! Yes i  say bring  back the 4-4-2!! :buttrock
66-1120597113

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion