Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

This is reality, not championship manager.. - ...my nails are looking terrible

Major investor such as Roman Abramovich
No votes
Houllier out, and another manager such as Martin O'Neill
100%

Total votes : 7

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:40 pm

Contrary to Gerard Houllier’s claims when he first took sole charge of Liverpool that it would take five years to bring back the glory days, I have now finally conceded myself to the thought that under the Frenchman’s supervision, we are never going to win the Premier League.
Houllier has for weeks, months, and even years – been kidding himself that he is the right man to reclaim the Holy Grail but the only place he is going to do that is on Championship Manager.
What will it take do you think to bring back the good times?
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:12 pm

What will it take to bring back the good old days ?
The answer is simple ; change the current manager and bring the correct man in. The only problem is that the people who have the actual power to make such a decision will not make it.
Houllier will certainly be in charge until the end of the season and if you saw his most recent interview ( see official website ) then he expects to be in charge for next season as well.
Unlike most people it looks like Houllier is not judged on recent results.If we are stuck with Houllier for next season then where will we be in 12 months time ?
THEBARON

Postby 116-1065305004 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:47 pm

Why dont we bring Brian Laws in then eh lads?
He will do better than Houllier and the board wont have to give him major money to invest and Scunthorpe sacked him so we dont need to give them compo :D
116-1065305004

Postby zackboxer » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:22 am

The club need a new manager, simple as that.

Unfortunately, it's almost certain GH will be in charge next season.
If we don't get 4th the board might (doubt it though) do something.
I reckon we'll scrape 4th, Houllier will stay, we'll miss out on Martin O'Neill and have another year much like this one.
God that's a depressing thought !  :(
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion