Stevie g - Terrible rumours circulating the media

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby greenred » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:33 pm

Thats exactly it Leon.Some journalists have staked their reputation on Gerrard leaving and they are now trying to cover their ar.ses.Some t.it on talksport radio has been swearing blind for two weeks that it was a done deal so this morning he claimed Steve and his family were threatened by Liverpool supporters.Some of these journos make me fekkin sick.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby WANDERER » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:14 pm

C'mon Steve, put the ball away for a few weeks and get yourself off to a well earned holiday. You can have my luxurious holiday home in that stunningly beautiful Costa a lot town of Tala Cre. I'll even give you a 2% discount!

Seriously though, Have a good rest and come back to us as you left last season, a brilliant captain and, by far, our best player.
WANDERER

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:27 pm

I Just hope that it is the Journalists just trying to cover up their mistakes.  NE1 who calls themselves Liverpool FC supporters, and threaten players/families, are a disgrace to the Club and their "true" supporters - Nothing justifies that kind of treatment.  That is the problem with English football, it's loosing sight of what is important - the joy of the game - and allowing thug mentality to creep in.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:46 pm

fivecups wrote:Stevie has appeared shy and quiet at previous press conferences but yesterday I thought he looked wrecked.

Considering  the pressure he's been under physically and emotoinally these last few months no wonder he looked wrecked. He probably still has a niggiling doubt about staying with us (blame his agent) but once he's rested he'll be ok. Now that he's made the decission to stay I expect Owen to sign a one year extension (at least).A great start for Benitez.
BUT ! we've all gotta pray that we have a good season or we'll be back here discussing the same issue next year !!

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:48 pm

woof woof ! wrote:we've all gotta pray that we have a good season or we'll be back here discussing the same issue next year !!

exactly. all this "loving the club" business is irrelevant because if we have a nightmare next season he'll be off. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maximus » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:55 pm

Mikey, I agree.

the other that struck me - on a positive note, I feel Rick Parry may have confirmed to Steve some potential transfer targets, going back to Stevies "We need 3 world class signings" comment.

Exciting times, I feel for sure
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:20 pm

I think you guys can all take a deep breath and relax. Don't worry about anything the idiots at Talk Sport or the Mail have to say. Steven Gerrards is a Liverpool player for the coming season. If we flop badly he will be off but then that is a problem that faces all clubs with world-class players.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:54 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Listen, the Mail where the paper that ran the strongest Gerrard to Chelsea is a done deal headlines.

Now they have egg on their faces.

This is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to save face.

Tory B*stards anyway.

Not the first time they have been caught with their trousers down recently.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:56 pm

stmichael wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:we've all gotta pray that we have a good season or we'll be back here discussing the same issue next year !!

exactly. all this "loving the club" business is irrelevant because if we have a nightmare next season he'll be off. :(

We won't, not with Gerrard, Benitez and some new signings.
If Owen doesn't hit form straight away we got that covered too  :;):
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion