Back to reality

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KARMANI » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:02 pm

Im not going to overreact to todays disappointment, we are all upset about it, and no more than the players or Rafa himself.

My hope is this, it will give some reality to our current position and future.

Why oh why did Gerrard and Carra play for England midweek? They both looked tired today, and what was learnt by sven. Carra, bless him, will be at best 4th or 5th choice at CB. And Stevie picks himself.

I noticed Upson managed to get over his midweek illness to play today  . John Terry was fit too. Just turned on the TV, and sure enough, ledley King is playing. How ****** Naive are we. And if I can see it, why cant LFC!

And some more reality. Well how about we dont need, or deserve a new £130m (going up by the second) stadium. This club of ours needs serious cash injection, to improve the team. We are miles behind the consistancy needed to compete with Chelsea, Arsenal or Man U!

Spending £25-30m on three players as some people here have suggested, will get us, nowhere! We need one hell of a big clearout, and at least 3-4 £20m type players to lift this team to the levels of the top three.

We were once great, and maybe again. But as today has shown again, like against Southampton, we are a long way off.

We need a great team, before a great stadium! We are not Arsenal or Chelsea who have the team/squad already!

Back to Reality please!
KARMANI

Postby JBG » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:18 pm

I disagree with all who say we need a great team ahead of a great stadium.

The club has been talking about a new stadium/increasing capacity since the late 1980s and it neglected the stadium throughout the 90s by pumping money into the team, the vast majority of that money being wasted.

We need to take a long term view of things. Anyway, there is nothing to stop us building up the team at the same time as building the stadium. Too much is made of transfer kitties, we have spent tens of millions on players in the past 10 years and it didn't bring us a championship.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion