Diao - 2002-2003 season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:25 am

BEERGOGGLES are you sure your not a bitter blue? Listen mate this is not personal, I dont rate Diao, you do. Football is a matter of opinion, this website would not be here if it wasnt.
Dont question my loyallty though lad, season ticket in the Kop, go to most away games, work permitting. Cut me some slack lad.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:30 am

Leonmc bit harsh that calling me a bitter blue but get your gist enough said spa
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:38 am

Why can't we sign Vieira and Zidane instead of the next Vieira and the next Zidane. They are not dead yet as far as I know...
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:43 am

I will come down on the side of REDBEERGOGGLES because Diao hasn't played in his preffered position and the same can be said of Diouf.I find it incredible that,throughout this season,with the injuries we've had to our forwards Diouf has not been given a run in the team at centre-forward where he would have done most damage running at defenders.
             Diao will be sold this summer proving GH can't convert centre-mids into wingers or full-backs.Although he is still trying to convince the world and it's dog that Biscan is a centre-half!!!!!!!!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:36 pm

supersub wrote:Diao will be sold this summer proving GH can't convert centre-mids into wingers or full-backs.Although he is still trying to convince the world and it's dog that Biscan is a centre-half!!!!!!!!

The dog would be better in defence! His sending off was the turning point in the game, regardless of whether it should have been a penalty or not. Had I been making the decisions I'd have taken Murphy off and brought Henchoz on. We could have then played with a back four of Carragher-Henchoz-Hyypia-Riise or played with three at the back and Riise wide left with Kewell in behind Heskey and Owen
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chrys » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:19 pm

diao should b kept. houllier surely to push him in first team squad (next season)n think he will do the job.houllier was building a team since he arrives, n next season we will see the results.i defend houllier but one more season would b ok i think,if there is no change then no good for him to stay.
if not houllier then jose mourino
chrys

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:26 pm

P55 W21 D16 L18 - I can't see much room for optimism in that league record for the past season and a half
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:48 pm

I'm happy to blame Houllier for all our problems and I'm reluctant to condemn any player except that is Biscan.  I think these two togather are rubbish.  I'm not sure what would happen if either was removed but anytime Biscan has been absent Liverpoll have done ok with him in the team we're cr#p.  I honestly can't say a bad word about Diao, he just has'nt had enough games to say how good he is.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:55 pm

I agree with that.Diao should be given a decent run in his preferred position.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:35 pm

Diao is not the worst of Houllier's buys as he has rarely let us down when he has played.

The thing is that Houllier obviously doesn't fancy him (so why buy him?) and won't trust picking him except as a make shift centre half or right back.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion