Diao - 2002-2003 season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:32 pm

Anyone think when Diao comes back from injury he should be given a regular slot alongside Gerrard in midfield and be allowed the time barring injuries to adapt to a role Arsenal deploy Viera in ,allowing Gerrrard and Le Tallec to cause mayhem with their slide rule through balls .Before you shout me down cast your minds back to the start of the2002-2003 season the first 7 games Diao was a relevation in midfield and Liverpool went several points ahead of Arsenal and the Mancs ,i seem to remember red fans saying he could be our Viera and the game against Arsenal this season he was one of our best players and looked accomplished in the middle , if we sell Diao he will come back to haunt us believe me ,i honestly rate him, does anyone else share my views or are my opinions tinged with a touch of insanity
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:34 pm

don't even compare diao in the same breath as vieira. to answer your question. no. we need a proven class player in there. edgar davids on a free would be nice at the end of the season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:35 pm

u do......but GH don't. Even when Hamann was injured, he did not play Diao.

Diao looks the most likely to leave liverpool in the summer.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:37 pm

Diao's a f##king shambles. I just hope when we sell him in the summer we flog him abroad cos every player we sell to an English side bloody well comes back and scores against us!
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:43 pm

Why not he was on the same field as VIERA and i seem to remember VIERA having a quiet game and i take it you were not one of the many in the kop that day extolling his virtues or am i wrong ,Heres a little conumdrum for you how many games have Liverpool lost with Diao in midfield Viera is a great player but i dont fall at his shrine and worship like you he's a defender compared to Souness in his pomp
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:49 pm

the guy wouldn't make man u, arsenal or chelsea's reserves. nuff said.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:50 pm

You can't compare Vieira and Diao, they're in a different league
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:01 pm

Diao will leave in the summer, for better or for worse, of that I'm almost certain.

He said he'll ask for a transfer if he didn't figure in the team when he returned from injury and so far there's no sign of him.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:03 pm

Edgar Davids would be nice ! thats the extent of your ambition is it ? maybe for a club like Birmingham who buy players well past their best before stickers , but were discussing Liverpool as a football club not a retirement home for the elderly ,and we were discussing how best to utilise the players Liverpool currently have on their books not who they can bring in ,cos if our current management team can not inspire the players we have by playing them in their regular position then the players Liverpool purchase in the summer will also be less than keen
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:04 pm

i'm still trying to figure out why we signed him. at least diouf had a reputation before he came here. maybe he was brought to keep diouf happy during his liverpool career. from what i can remember he scored a good goal in the world cup and then got sent off in the same game.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:08 pm

stmichael wrote:i'm still trying to figure out why we signed him. at least diouf had a reputation before he came here. maybe he was brought to keep diouf happy during his liverpool career. from what i can remember he scored a good goal in the world cup and then got sent off in the same game.

Before we signed Diao, GH described him as the next viera. Great vision Ged.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:13 pm

You know I have given up on analysing the current team players.  I think that its like trying to compare formula 1 drivers. We know schumacher is brilliant but its hard to assess if he's miles in front or just a litlle bit.  Houllier is like a McClaren loads of history but miles behind, Ferguson the Ferrari dominant now for a bit too long and Wenger the Williams the future king!
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:18 pm

Can I add that I remember Tony Adams being called a donke, Gary Pallaster was slated, Ronnie Whellan got booed.  They all went on to have outstanding careers difference is they played first team football and learned the game.  Dioa has never got the run that Biscan got, Diouf has been played out of posiution since he signed, Kewell dosent know were he's going to be played and Heskey could be anywhere, I'm waiting for Houllier to put him in goals. Do't Laugh , with GH anything is possible.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:22 pm

genius! heskey would make a great keeper. he's big and he loves throwing himself around. who needs the walking hospital kirkland. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:27 pm

Houllier said Diao had the potential to be as good as Viera ,but if Wenger had played Viera as a left back would Viera have achieved what he has done ,or be portrayed as world class, or would he be now playing for Birmingham,think about it
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion