Crisis in catalunya - Goal.com

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:42 pm

Rosell Leaves Barca But Reassures Fans On Dinho
6/2/2005 1:48:00 PM

Barcelona vicepresident Sandro Rosell handed in his resignations today together with Josep Maria Baromeu, former head of the Barcelona sections.
It is now clear there is a huge internal conflict going on at the club that just won La Liga, a riff possibily caused by the shadow influence of Johan Cruyff who is officially not part of the club organization, but appears to be pulling the strings from behind the scenes.

“I leave Barcelona without regrets. I am sure I am helping president Laporta with this decision,” Rosell told reporters this morning.

“I sacrificed myself a lot for this project. Now I ask Laporta not to forget about the members of the club. We are the club, and those who elected Laporta, those who he owes something to,” he added.

The former vice-president was the one that brought Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho to the club in 2003, and the decision he took today might mean Ronaldinho could move away from the Nou Camp as a result, even though Rosell doesn’t think so.

“I don’t know if Ronaldinho knows about my decision. What I am sure of is that he won’t leave, he is too important for Barca,” he said.

The number of goodbyes on
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion