Liverpool close in on zaragoza's milito

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Chelsea forever. » Tue May 31, 2005 9:03 am

"We have not received a proposition from Liverpool for Milito, but the club is open to offers," he told skysports.com.

"Unfortunately the club needs to sell some players in the summer to ensure its survival.

"But we won't rush into any quick deals. Zaragoza have some very good players and interested clubs will pay what we believe is a fair price."

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....ll_Home
Chelsea forever.

Postby Chelsea forever. » Tue May 31, 2005 9:22 am

Liverpool have swooped to sign Spanish youngster Miquel Roque from Segunda Division outfit Lleida.

The 16-year-old has enjoyed a meteoric rise at the Catalan club this term having begun the season in the second youth team.

He subsequently forced his way into Lleida's first-team squad and his potential did not go unnoticed by Rafa Benitez who maintains a close eye on the Spanish market.

Benitez invited the teenager to Anfield for a trial some weeks back and saw enough to put a permanent deal in place.

Roque did attract scouts from both Barcelona and Real Madrid, but Liverpool moved quickly to secure his signing and he will now continue his development with the reserve team at Anfield.

The youngster expressed his excitement at the opportunity and insists he had no thoughts about turning it down, even if his Lleida team-mates initially thought it was a joke.

"When my representative told me I thought it was a joke," he stated.

"When they tell you scouts from Barca or Madrid have come it's more normal and within reason, but when it's Liverpool, it's hard to imagine.

"It's a great opportunity for me. Everyone who likes football dreams about something like this and I can't let the chance pass.

"When I told them (my team-mates) they did not believe me, they thought I was having a joke and I had to tell them four or five times before they took me seriously."

Roque revealed he had enjoyed the time he spent at Anfield earlier in the campaign and is confident he can adapt to life in England.

"The experience (at Anfield) was good because the first-team players there are close to reserves and there is constant contact between them," he continued.

"What's more they use them because there are many competitions to play.

"Living in Liverpool will not be like living in Lleida, but I am ready for it."
Chelsea forever.

Postby Erica » Tue May 31, 2005 11:52 am

murphy0151 wrote:
LiverpoolUSA wrote:http://www.tribalfootball.com/may/englishnews6300505.html

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is stepping up his interest in Real Zaragoza centre-back Gaby Milito.
Zaragoza are £30m in debt and must sell at least one of their top stars this summer.

Argentina international Milito, 24, is a fearsome, no-nonsense stopper - a priority for Benitez. Manchester United were also keen on the player but Benitez's Spanish links will swing it for the Champions League winners.

Zaragoza are yet to secure Milito to a new deal, with negotiations due to begin this week.

I wonder how much he'd cost? Thoughts on the potential acquisition?

If there in so much dept id go for there forward David Villa.  Hes bloody exellent.

Bloody hell, Murphy.
DO YOU WANT MY SPANISH TEAM TO GO DOWN TO SECOND DIVISION NEXT YEAR.
Milito is the best defender of the Spanish League, and Villa one of the most promising strikers. If we lose those two we will be useless.
Erica

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion