Liverpool's young players - Scouting reports?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Thu May 26, 2005 7:29 am

Hey all. I am an American (though of English descent) that has recently become a Liverpool fan, and what a time for it! Since I am newer to the team, I was wondering if you could give me a bit of background on each of the young young players on the team, including:

Welsh
Raven
Potter
La Tellec
Carson
Smyth
Warnock

And anyone else that fits this description. Thanks in advance, and lets go Liverpool, 2004/5 Champions League victors!
LiverpoolUSA

Postby policy » Thu May 26, 2005 7:46 am

They're good. They did a good job of getting us to the Carling Cup Final.

Le Tallec will probably be leaving for PSG in the summer right fellas?
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Thu May 26, 2005 8:14 am

Specifically, how good is each one, and can they be big players for Liverpool? Thanks so much, I'm still a bit of a newbie at this!
LiverpoolUSA

Postby blind » Thu May 26, 2005 8:21 am

they are all very good players but again they all have a lot to learn. Le Tallec needs to get stronger physically as he is easily shaken off the ball but he could end up staying as he has always played in at the same club as Pongolle who he is related to (apparently) they worked very well together back in france hence why GH bought them at such a young age (maybe too young as they have had a difficult time since arriving lots of anticipation) i still think that they could become a good pair of squad members rather than first team fixtures.

the rest just need experiance more than anything else
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Thu May 26, 2005 8:24 am

warnock, carson, pongolle, le tellec has the talent to break into the first 11.. however, dun think they will be given enough chances next season.. expect some big names  next season.
Alonso_Rulz

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Thu May 26, 2005 8:25 am

Do you think Welsh and Raven will get those opportunities? And do you think the transfers will be very young? Anyone in particular?
LiverpoolUSA

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Thu May 26, 2005 2:42 pm

While transfers are very important, so is building with what you have? What do people think the chances are for each one of these guys to help out the first team? Which players have the best chance? What do you think of each player?
LiverpoolUSA

Postby Panathanaikos80 » Thu May 26, 2005 3:08 pm

Your list of youngsters will all be part of the first team squad so i wouldnt worry about opportunities to play, they'll all be training with Gerrard, Carragher, Alonso and Morientes next season so should all improve alot.  We're also going to have to play one hell of alot of matches next season so expect to see them all get a few games!  Le Tallec, Carsson and Warnock all have the potential to be world class.
Panathanaikos80

Postby 1234ram » Thu May 26, 2005 4:07 pm

the future is good
1234ram

Postby Nando » Thu May 26, 2005 4:12 pm

the future is red
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu May 26, 2005 4:16 pm

LiverpoolUSA wrote:Hey all. I am an American (though of English descent) that has recently become a Liverpool fan

Would "recently" been about 10.55pm last night?  :eyebrow  :wwww  :wwww

Only joking!  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Thu May 26, 2005 4:18 pm

Has Smyth left?

Warnock is potentially a good player and IMO will feature more next season. I'm not convinced by Potter, and Le Tallec has disappointed, but Pongolle could make a break through and great things are still expected of John Welsh.

Raven also caught the eye in the League Cup, as did Zak Whitbread.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Thu May 26, 2005 7:06 pm

JBG wrote:Would "recently" been about 10.55pm last night?  :eyebrow  :wwww  :wwww

Only joking!  :D

Haha no, no frontrunners here!

Thanks for answering my question. I'm hoping Welsh can deliver on his promise, along with Carson. Anyone else that you think looks like a potential first teamer? Any young player they might get on transfer?

The good thing about Liverpool is that our veterans are still very young- Baros at 23, Garcia 26, Carragher 27, and Gerrard 24 (with the same birthday as myself, another reason to love the skipper!)
LiverpoolUSA

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Thu May 26, 2005 8:56 pm

Can anyone give me the URL for a good LFC site that will give me updated player bios? It's much easier than hounding everyone during a time of celebration!
LiverpoolUSA

Postby JBG » Thu May 26, 2005 11:29 pm

Try the official website, liverpool.tv.

While there is some useful players in the reserves, at present there doesn't seem to be another Fowler/Owen/Carragher or Gerrard among them.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion