Time to wise up - Young players need help

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:09 am

This is it make or break time and I am sick of hearing how rubbish our young players are.

They are young and need our help as fans as much as we can give them.

If we surport them maybe they might just get the confidence to grow as players as become something great for liverpool.

But the current trend of this forum is very sad way people attack liverpool players.

Its time I say that we drop this attack and do what great suporters should do and surport there players no matter what.

Its the managers choice what team he puts out and if any thing the buck stops with him.

Please I ask you all to unite and restore some faith in that I feel is a great forum of people.  :buttrock

Thank you
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:10 am

Ok

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:11 am

metalhead wrote:Ok

:no  im not convinced by this MH here.

maypaxvobiscum

Postby lakes10 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:27 am

I just feel that some of the young player Rafa has paid money for are not as good as some of or youth players that never get a chance.

If more money or just even more time spent by Rafa looking at our own English born youth player that he might not have to go over seas for young players.

dont you think its strang that for years we had great youth players coming into the first team and now we only have one?? no , they are still there but they dont get the chance, their mind set is "i will be a liverpool youth player till someone likes me and then Liverpool will sell me" and it should be, " i am a liverpool youth player and if i do the best i can i will get a chance to show what i can do in the first team".
Last edited by lakes10 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:29 am

LegBarnes wrote:This is it make or break time and I am sick of hearing how rubbish our young players are.

They are young and need our help as fans as much as we can give them.

If we surport them maybe they might just get the confidence to grow as players as become something great for liverpool.

But the current trend of this forum is very sad way people attack liverpool players.

Its time I say that we drop this attack and do what great suporters should do and surport there players no matter what.

Its the managers choice what team he puts out and if any thing the buck stops with him.

Please I ask you all to unite and restore some faith in that I feel is a great forum of people.  :buttrock

Thank you

I agree with the notion of supporting hte players at the ground, but I also defend the right of every would be pundit to discuss the merits (or not) of players, managers and teams outside fo the 90 minutes at the match.

I would be seen as a happy clapper by many, but I am not daft enough to think all is rosy.

Some thinks definitely do need addressing, and even if we did win the league or whatever, you stregthen at your strongest as you are only ever as strong as your weakest link.

Nice sentiments, but if everyone on here agreed the forum would be boring as fook.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:29 am

lakes10 wrote:I just feel that some of the toung player Rafa has paid money for are not as good as some of or youth players that never get a chance.

Who ?

who has Rafa paid money for ? How much was it ?

Who is not getting a fair crakc of the whip ?

lakes10 wrote:If more money or just even more time spent by Rafa looking at our own English born youth player that he might not have to go over seas for young players.

Our academy has under performed for many years, long before Rafa got here mate.

lakes10 wrote:dont you think its strange that for years we had great youth players coming into the first team and now we only have one?? no , they are still there but they dont get the chance, their mind set is "i will be a liverpool youth player till someone likes me and then Liverpool will sell me" and it should be, " i am a liverpool youth player and if i do the best i can i will get a chance to show what i can do in the firts team".

For years ?

Owen, Carra and Gerrard are three that came through the system that are top quality.

Wrighty, Gutherie, Metteo, Thompson and Warnock are Premier LEague quality but not league title kind of players.

Welsh, Potter, Whitbread, Mellor, O'Donnel, Peltier, PArtridge, Foy, Smythe, Raven, Otsemebor, Navarro, NEwby, Maxwell, Murphy (Neil) and others have simply not been good enough.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:44 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:I just feel that some of the toung player Rafa has paid money for are not as good as some of or youth players that never get a chance.

If more money or just even more time spent by Rafa looking at our own English born youth player that he might not have to go over seas for young players.

dont you think its strang that for years we had great youth players coming into the first team and now we only have one?? no , they are still there but they dont get the chance, their mind set is "i will be a liverpool youth player till someone likes me and then Liverpool will sell me" and it should be, " i am a liverpool youth player and if i do the best i can i will get a chance to show what i can do in the firts team".

Wwho ?

Shane O'Connor

Michael Scott  (sorry but i think he is going to be great and is ready to be given a good chance in the team)

Michael Roberts is another one that needs to be given his chance now,he is very young but i feel he is ready (it sems i am in liverpool at the wrong time and when i am there i only get to see more youth games than first team games)
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:52 am

money spent on

MIKI ROQUE
JORDY BROUWER
GERARDO ALFREDO BRUNA BLANCO
FRANCISCO DURAN
and theres a lot more

I think its safe to say that Rafa would like a B side in the prem, the problem is that he is not as good at picking young players like other manager.....our young non english B side would get stuffed.

nont get me started on Mellor
a great young player that had his self esteem kicked out of him by Liverpool, could have been a big start in our team but after a few problems Liverpool washed their hands of him instead of helping him.
Last edited by lakes10 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:15 pm

lakes10 wrote:nont get me started on Mellor
a great young player that had his self esteem kicked out of him by Liverpool, could have been a big start in our team but after a few problems Liverpool washed their hands of him instead of helping him.

Don't be ridiculous. Mellor would have found his way out of Preston and into Premier League football by now if he was up to it. He might reach lower Prem level at some stage in the future but he has pretty much found his level at PNE. Scoring buckets in the reserves doesn't necessarily translate to Premier League quality.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:21 pm

Scottbot wrote:
lakes10 wrote:nont get me started on Mellor

Don't be ridiculous. Mellor would have found his way out of Preston and into Premier League football by now if he was up to it. He might reach lower Prem level at some stage in the future but he has pretty much found his level at PNE. Scoring buckets in the reserves doesn't necessarily translate to Premier League quality.

he had two knee operation mate, he tried to come back two soon as he was sure his place at Liverpool was at risk, by doing this he was unfit and done more damage. if he had been given the time to get well he would have never gone to Wigan, once that happen there was only ever going to be on end to his time at Liverpool.
If you ever get the chance to talk to some of our players that were there at the time you will get the truth and how they still feel for him.
even more so jamie carragher, he was mad about what happend to Mellor.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:33 pm

Thank the lord, mary, joseph and hte angels that you are not anywhere near our outh set up, reserves teams or scouting netork.

You clearly have no clue about this either.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Thank the lord, mary, joseph and hte angels that you are not anywhere near our outh set up, reserves teams or scouting netork.

well i seem to know more than you.

but back to LegBarnes, any player that puts a Liverpool shirt on should have the fans with them...........unless they should not be in the first team to start with.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:37 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Thank the lord, mary, joseph and hte angels that you are not anywhere near our outh set up, reserves teams or scouting netork.

well i seem to know more than you.

but back to LegBarnes, any player that puts a Liverpool shirt on should have the fans with them...........unless they should not be in the first team to start with.

Mellor is top quality.

Clearly you are einstein to my Forrest Gump.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:40 pm

Is this from Carras book where he does go on about foreign youngsters but no specifics about Mellor as I recall or is it inside info you have.

From what I remember about Mellor he was ok but not really a top four striker so I would be surprised if Carra a great student of the game would have thought that Mellor would have made it
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:40 pm

when the time is nearer then, would you please reopen the fa cup thread

thanks
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion