Time to wise up - Young players need help

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:48 pm

Rush Job wrote:The same people who moan Refa isnt giving academy players enough minutes are the same ones who would spit the dummy if he was to start them and we lost.
People bang on about the likes of Pechecio because of a couple of decent performances against soft pre-season opposition, regardless of how his form has been this season and the fact he's hardly prolific for the youth and ressies.A fool could see he's nowhere near ready for the physical demands of prem footy.
Its not easy to blood these young players when every game is so important and youve got fans looking for any excuse to have a go.
If players like Guthrie, mellor and Warnock are good enough to be in a title chasing side then why does no one with a chequebook in their hand think so, why are two fighting relegation and the other in the championship while players like Lucas and Babel stared during the olympics, are worth millions of pounds and could find another top club tomorrow?

Spot on, Rushie. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:54 pm

lakes10 wrote:money spent on

MIKI ROQUE
JORDY BROUWER
GERARDO ALFREDO BRUNA BLANCO
FRANCISCO DURAN
and theres a lot more

I think its safe to say that Rafa would like a B side in the prem, the problem is that he is not as good at picking young players like other manager.....our young non english B side would get stuffed.

nont get me started on Mellor
a great young player that had his self esteem kicked out of him by Liverpool, could have been a big start in our team but after a few problems Liverpool washed their hands of him instead of helping him.

ok Roque is not very good, but we have shipped him out on loan the last two years so he hasn't taken away an time from anyone and I sure the money we spent signing him wasn't too much.

Jordy Brouwer is interesting because he clearly does not seem up for this standard, but he does sneak in a fair ammount of goals (usually in streaks followed by massive dry spells) And I think his main purpose might be to help the other talented strikers learn how to play as a partner with a target man, probably a good skill to learn.

Gerardo Bruna is class.  He is taking some time to settle, but he is clearly class and was heavily recruited by all the best clubs in Europe and we stole him away from Madrid against their wishes. Clearly not a waste and if he doesn't make it in England he we should be able to sell him for a profit anyway.  Well worth the risk even if he ends up bombing, due to his potential.

Duran is a class player as well, he was playing first team football when we bought him and he has been injured for almost the whole time he has been here.  Whenever he gets healthy enough to play he impresses and looks the business. a midfielder in the Alonso mold (but somtimes played out of position just so he can get fitness)
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:57 pm

LegBarnes wrote:thx all for taking this post as it was ment to be.

I am not asking for you all blindly just surport players but I just ask you to remember they are still young and need time this is all.

Try not to treat them as seasoned pro's as they are not yet no matter how much hype they had before they come to our great club.

Thank you  :)

oh yea agree with that
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:00 pm

If somebody wanted to point out some wastes of money all they would have to do is point to Flora and Mendy. These kids are the poster childs of wastes of money, but I highly doubt Rafa himself had much to do with either of their signings, and at least Mendy was on a free and it seems like he just plays when Darby gets the rare call up, but even so that doesn't matter, that kid sucks so bad I would rather have Pennant or someone for the U12s play right back for the reserves when Darby is called up than Mendy.
JoeTerp

Postby Rorschach26 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:45 pm

Our youth systems class peopel always talk about owen, fowler, gerrard, carra, macca but theyve all proved they are/were world class that was a 1 off like when united had all thier young players comin threw

our academy r exciting 2 watch & we have some real talented youngsters & be4 any1 brings up arsenal they pay millions (sometimes tens) & make youngsters thier top priority

Pachecho, Spearing, Darby, Bruna, Nemeth, Plessis San Jose, Huth, Insua, Bouzanis, Pepper, Irwin, DaValle, Ince, Kalinwhatever

thier my pick of the bunch & i truly think well c afew of them comin threw sooner rather then later
Rorschach26

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:49 pm

Rorschach26 wrote:Our youth systems class peopel always talk about owen, fowler, gerrard, carra, macca but theyve all proved they are/were world class that was a 1 off like when united had all thier young players comin threw

our academy r exciting 2 watch & we have some real talented youngsters & be4 any1 brings up arsenal they pay millions (sometimes tens) & make youngsters thier top priority

Pachecho, Spearing, Darby, Bruna, Nemeth, Plessis San Jose, Huth, Insua, Bouzanis, Pepper, Irwin, DaValle, Ince, Kalinwhatever

thier my pick of the bunch & i truly think well c afew of them comin threw sooner rather then later

can you type properly? spell the words out. some people dont like it to the point where they either get annoyed or just skip your posts. and that sucks especially if you have a good point. so, for better reading and understanding purposes, write proper.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:54 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Rorschach26 wrote:Our youth systems class peopel always talk about owen, fowler, gerrard, carra, macca but theyve all proved they are/were world class that was a 1 off like when united had all thier young players comin threw

can you type properly? spell the words out. some people dont like it to the point where they either get annoyed or just skip your posts. and that sucks especially if you have a good point. so, for better reading and understanding purposes, write proper.

some people type alot faster then they think.

I was like this but after i took little more care it worked out better.

Logn haev teh dasy whree i uesd to do thsi all teh tiem.  :wwww
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:04 pm

Sorry buddy but if you cant be bothered to even make a stab at spelling correctly and spare us the txt speak sh!te then dont post.
Is that how you write at school?
Please dont tell me you like 36, that would be shocking.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Rush Job wrote:

Sorry buddy but if you cant be bothered to even make a stab at spelling correctly and spare us the txt speak sh!te then dont post.
Is that how you write at school?
Please dont tell me you like 36, that would be shocking.

maybe he is dyslexic ? think before you type rushie or you just sound as stupid as your are trying to make him look.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:14 pm

In fact good point , just a tip i use it the spell checker bit next to finish button before I finish up.

I am dyslexic too and helps tons.

Don't worrie about some of remarks not many people understand what its like to have dyslexicia Or any thing that hinders to write consistently.

Also common myth to people think we are stupid when we most of time score higher in IQ tests. Myth Busted !  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:18 pm

Rorschach26 wrote:Kalinwhatever

Kacaniklic

and he does look tasty down the left.  Already featuring some for the ressies despite only being 17 years old.
JoeTerp

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Any ways i am off to chrimbo party I be back later , I gonna be drunk tho bewear !  :p
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:22 pm

LegBarnes wrote:

In fact good point , just a tip i use it the spell checker bit next to finish button before I finish up.

Don't worrie about some of remarks not many people understand what its like to have dyslexicia Or any thing that hinders to write consistently.

Also common myth to people think we are stupid when we most of time score higher in IQ tests. Myth Busted !  :D

oh shut up.  :D  i was giving him a tip too
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Fo Dne » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:25 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:I just feel that some of the toung player Rafa has paid money for are not as good as some of or youth players that never get a chance.

Who ?

who has Rafa paid money for ? How much was it ?

Who is not getting a fair crakc of the whip ?

Guthrie and Warnock for a start, both are far better than the £14,000,000 duo that is Dossena and Lucas.

Theres not even an element of doubt about it.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:26 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

oh shut up.  :D  i was giving him a tip too

:blush: ok haha  :D Us dyslexics have to stuck together(haha get it)  :wwww
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion