In defence of traore, - And zones.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:45 am

On the question of zones, I remember Rafa getting a right old slagging off all the 'experts' on the telly, "you've got to mark man to man etc etc". Where are they now? When we went to Italy and kept a clean sheet, and to Spain and kept a clean sheet, and to Germany and conceded only a late consolation where was the retraction? The "well I've got to say I didn't like it at first but they're certainly making it work now". Silence reverberates around the pundits couches. Shame on all of them, that's why they are on the couch and not the bench.
One or two on here didn't like it as well.......
P.S. I took the Traore bit out as I didn't see the other topic, sorry guys.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:47 am

sell him
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:38 pm

bigmick wrote:On the question of zones, I remember Rafa getting a right old slagging off all the 'experts' on the telly, "you've got to mark man to man etc etc". Where are they now? When we went to Italy and kept a clean sheet, and to Spain and kept a clean sheet, and to Germany and conceded only a late consolation where was the retraction? The "well I've got to say I didn't like it at first but they're certainly making it work now". Silence reverberates around the pundits couches. Shame on all of them, that's why they are on the couch and not the bench.
One or two on here didn't like it as well.......
P.S. I took the Traore bit out as I didn't see the other topic, sorry guys.

i agree with you mick, there`s a few on here that think football is a game of quick fixes, instant success and massive chequebooks, people have got to be more realistic.
it took ferguson six years and the backing of the worlds biggest club to do anything and whatever you think of him he is a good manager.
its going to take a while but rafa will get it right.
its the same scenario with players, some need time to develop - look at keown, at one time he was looked at as a limited stopper who shuffled around a few clubs like everton and villa but developed into the backbone of the arsenal title winning side once he`d learnt his trade.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 pm

Again... i told you so.

I've been saying it since the season starts, it will work given time. There is no set way to play football. There are millions of different formula's for winning. Rafa likes this system and guess what fools who doubted him... IT WORKS!!!
115-1073096938

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion