Ynwa patrick robinson - Paul eaton (found by cggy on .tv)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:27 am

YNWA PATRICK ROBINSON
Paul Eaton 09 June 2005 

Liverpool Football Club are saddened to learn of the death of a fanatical supporter from Ireland who tragically passed away in the aftermath of the Reds' Champions League victory in Istanbul. 
20 year old Patrick Robinson from Carlow is thought to have suffered a massive heart attack in the seconds following Jerzy Dudek's decisive penalty save from Andriy Shevchenko in the Ataturk Stadium.

Patrick was watching the game in a local pub and jumped for joy when his beloved Reds completed their tremendous comeback to win the dramatic penalty shoot-out.

But, tragically, he died soon after, just weeks before his 21st birthday.

His uncle, Michael Owens, wrote to Liverpoolfc.tv and said: "Patrick lived for Liverpool FC. He didn't get to see his favourite player Steven Gerrard lift the European Cup because he was sadly no longer of this world, but he saw the penalty shoot out and I know he died a happy and proud young man.

"Myself and my family would like to thank Steven Gerrard and everyone connected with LFC in the past and present for giving Patrick so many great memories."

Patrick's mother Denise said: "He was a beautiful child. He was really happy and he was so popular. He was very lively and he loved sport.

"He was fanatical about Liverpool and he has been since he was four years of age. He never missed a kit and every year he bought the home and away kits."
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion