Jon welsh - Shaping up?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:24 pm

I only caught the stingy highlights on Match of the day last weekend and was wondering how Jon Welsh got on. The reports i read differ with some saying he gave a promising performance and others claiming the game passed him by.

Was hoping the lads/ladies who got to the game could tell me how he got on? + whether he has the look of a player who could make it at this level.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kop Kid » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:50 pm

A difficult game for him as we did not really have any reeal striker on the pitch, so our movemnet forward was a struggle at times, so best to take another look when we do have Fernando or Baros playing.

Remember when Stevie G began his early days in the first team, and he was never a huge hit, or stood out, but with time he became a legend, just like JW will be, i'm sure.
Kop Kid

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:03 pm

He looked Ok, but he didn't look ready for the big time yet. Maybe he just needs a few more games in the Prem, but it's that tricky situation. He's not quite ready to play in the Prem, but he won't be ready without playing in the Prem. Maybe, If Stevie's feeling a bit knackered around the time of the palace game, Welsh could pay a half. Who knows?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:23 am

when he got on the ball his touches were good, and he put a decent shot into the Kop. he was reasonably quiet but so were the rest of our midfield.

For me he is still young and he showed glimpses of being a good player, definitely a premiershoip quality player for us in the future.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion