Who should be manager then - Who could we get

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby THEBARON » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:28 pm

Exactly !
Yes Houllier has won trophies but not the biggest. It's sad to admit it but we have not won the League since 1990 ( way too long ) and on how many occasions in this period have we put up a meaningful and lasting challenge.
We are a club with big support and a rich history but in terms of competing for the major trophies at home and abroard we are also rans at the moment.
This should not be the case given some of the players at our disposal , our academy system and the many millions we have spent on players since our last league success.
I don't like to make comparisons with those w#nk##s from Manchester but we used to gloat how they hadn't won the league for 26 years...unfortunately we have now used up 14 such years and the prospects of us being champions under the current manager are virtually none existent.
If we continue with Houllier then the mancs will overtake us as the team who has the most championships overall and that will be a kick in the teeth for all of us.
THEBARON

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:33 pm

I'd hate to have us head the way of the likes of Newcastle who consider themselves big but never win anything. I hear the word "big" banded around too much when describing teams who've done nothing. We are simply the third most successful club in England in the last five years, but only two teams have won the Championship in that time. We are the best of the rest
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion