Who should be manager then - Who could we get

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Puddy Heskey » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:30 pm

Well since you all seem to know better than the board.Who would we get instead of houllier.I hate him as much as the next pool fan but who else is there.You can talk all you want but were not goin to get O Neill and you all know it.Were not goin to get ferguson and definatly not wenger.So who in the name of god would we get.Ron F**king Atkinson.Ossie F**cking Ardilles with his super 5-0-5 formation.Theres no good mangers who arent already at big clubs and happy to stay there.
Puddy Heskey

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:33 pm

there's only one candidate. Peter reid!!!!!!!! (only jokin). No seriously, nobody would touch this job at the moment.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:35 pm

Give the job to Phil Thompson on a rolling contract and look for the best available manager.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:46 pm

give houllier till the end of the season at least
columbia

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:48 pm

End of the week, he's wasted enough time already. First the aim was five years and in theory we should have won the title this season and now we're aiming for fourth. Talk about lowering your aims
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vlady16.1 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:42 pm

guys-- lets keep the negativity down-- there are numerous reasons why there will be an excellent manager at Liverpool next season
  1) team with FINANCIAL STRENGTH
  2) yearly firings-- someone good will be available and hungry
  3)  good squad which is underperforming
  4)  good young players-- there's long term happiness for a good manager
  5)  patient board

if parry pulls the plug as he should there will be a line up of applicants and why wouldn't MON want the job-- everyone is leaving celtic and the league is a mess

to me it is very positive and if there is a champion's league spot - the line gets longer and better
vlady16.1

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:45 pm

i know the board are patient. i just don't know whether i trust their judgement to make the right appointment.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:10 pm

Patient is an understatement, Houllier has had enough time and money to be keeping his job if he finishes fourth. By now we should be at least in the top three as of right, we are only fourth because there is so little quality challenging for fourth
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:51 pm

Why the hell wouldn't a great manager want to manage Liverpool Fc. You lot forget so quickly what that means. Have we fallen so far that the fans consider the club second string. I still believe that Liverpool STILL has appeal to some of the top managers out there.
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:09 pm

I think so many CURRENT managers don't look beyond the CURRENT situation and as much as I hate saying this, we are not a big club at the moment (not in terms of results, in terms of history we are the biggest in England)
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:05 pm

I disagree with you Owzat, Liverpool ARE still a big club at this moment in time but we are not performing. Which ever way you look at it you cannot change that fact. Don't get me wrong, im very frustrated at our current form but i think we will pull through with a bit of time and perhaps under different management or maybe not, i dont know. I have went off Martin O'Neill for the job and think we should have an even bigger manager take over if Houllier does go, don't know who though! I agree with Puddy Heskey sadly, i can't think of anyone who is not happy at there present club.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:05 pm

MON seems to be the crowd favourite amonst the majority of us on this forum. I followed his career since he was at Wycome and could sing his praises all day long.
He would make a great Liverpool manager in my book. The guy is a born winner - He won it all as a player, learning from one of the greatest managers ever in Cloughy, Worked wonders at Wycome on a shoestring, did the same at Leicester (and remember the Leicester fans were calling for his head at one stage) He has been successful at Celtic - They had only won 1 championship in about 12 years before hand + reasonable success in Europe (something Scottish teams never manage)

The only question mark hanging over MON is the fact he has never managed a big club in England. I'm sure he would take to it like a duck to water - Oneil has a certain pressence about him - I don't think he would be phased by managing the Liverpools or Manus of this world.

And who else is there? I wouldn't give the job to Tommo, not sure Strachan is the man for the job, Erickson will be Chelsea bound, I like Curbishley but he has just signed a new contract at Charlton. Some of you like Ranieri, i'm not so sure myself but he could be an option.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vlady16.1 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:39 pm

to look at thommo (nothing personnal) or any minor manager would be a mistake-- the club is too close to truly competing that a mistake in hiring cannot be made therefore a proven manager with european winning is req'd
-- martin o'neil is my choice but ranieri also fits the bill and he will be turfed- but so will alot of others in italy spain and germany
i am not suggesting a retread but someone who can use owen to his best abilities and attract the last cogs of proven winner players then there will be both european and league glory
Liverpool is a big club and to win and be a piece of history would sit well with the ego case they need
vlady16.1

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:19 pm

We need Martin O'Neill.

Then hopefully he will sort things out, sell the dead weight players, and bring in some quality into the team.

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:25 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:I disagree with you Owzat, Liverpool ARE still a big club at this moment in time but we are not performing. Which ever way you look at it you cannot change that fact. Don't get me wrong, im very frustrated at our current form but i think we will pull through with a bit of time and perhaps under different management or maybe not, i dont know. I have went off Martin O'Neill for the job and think we should have an even bigger manager take over if Houllier does go, don't know who though! I agree with Puddy Heskey sadly, i can't think of anyone who is not happy at there present club.

We are a big club in terms of everything but success, surely that is the most defining attribute?
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion