Cl predictions

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:33 am

Well said Big Mick ,t eh voice of sanity wil lhopefully prevail but i'm not holding out much hope ???

All I wil say regarding chelsea was i thought they were outplayed for large parts of tonights game and a shade lucky to get through. However it won't be the first game thssseason where the best tea,m has lost , its just at thios level the stakes are so much higher ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:50 am

LFC #1 wrote:I am confident we'll go through tomorrow, although their always that bit of pessimism in the back of my mind based on our incosistency this season.

Thats actually a plus for me whenever we seem to have had a ****** EPL game we come good in CL match  :D

Good game to watch this morning but i would have prefered Chelski to go out though its nice the MANCs have gone

Though im confused about Lyon, is that the rugby team playing, amazing score line
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:57 am

Dalglish wrote:Well said Big Mick ,t eh voice of sanity wil lhopefully prevail but i'm not holding out much hope ???

Me too ,  :D

Perhaps this deserves a thread of it's own . but personnally I'm fed up with badge kissin' fans that think it's a hanging offence to applaud good football played by anyone except LFC , apologies if I was partly responsible for pullin' this thread off track .

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:10 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Dalglish wrote:Well said Big Mick ,t eh voice of sanity wil lhopefully prevail but i'm not holding out much hope ???

Me too ,  :D

Perhaps this deserves a thread of it's own . but personnally I'm fed up with badge kissin' fans that think it's a hanging offence to applaud good football played by anyone except LFC , apologies if I was partly responsible for pullin' this thread off track .

:(

Oh the irony of this forum really is  amazing considering the guy who was slagging you was the same guy who was hoping Stevie G would choke on his own vomit and was slagging players off on this forum before final whistle had even blown on league cup final
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:22 am

Liverpool fans have always been magnaminous in defeat. I can remember appaulding Barcelona off the pitch when they taufgth us a football lesson in the CL a few seasons back. The KOP did the same when Valencia outplayed us the season before last.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:48 am

I knew the scoreline but was working so didn't get to watch the chelsea game, sounds like I missed a corker!

Jeez, and to think I turned down the offer of a free trip up to Burnley tonight to watch them draw 0-0 with Leicester  :laugh:

Much as I wanted Barca to win, I'd rather face Chelsea than them in the quarters if we get there. At 2-0 and then 3-0 I felt supremely confident of doing Leverkusen but now I'm not so sure. I'd rate our chances at 50-50 but perhaps tomorrow is the night for Stevie to put in another one of his wonder-performances and guide us reds to victory  :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:00 am

Santa wrote:I think only one player on the planet can score a goal like that. It took me a good 3 secs to realised it has gone in...

By the looks of it, it took Cech even longer.  I don't exactly see the beauty of it, he did a dance move behind the ball and toe blowed it, which gave it no spin and the awkward "beauty" it had.  I still cant figure out why the defender let him dance behind the ball for a good 2 seconds without touching it.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:14 am

woof woof ! wrote:Perhaps this deserves a thread of it's own . but personnally I'm fed up with badge kissin' fans that think it's a hanging offence to applaud good football played by anyone except LFC

A good team is a good team, no two ways about it. Barca have all the skills but Chelsea showed their heart, and unfortunately, they snatched it after Eto'o missed a glorious open goal.
I would hate for us to win ugly week in week out (remember we beat Barca by parking our team bus in front of the goal?). Good football needs to be appreciated for what it is.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:15 am

STU you have as much knowledge as a slug why else would you become a bizzie and wasn't you who said you hope somebody's child catches Aids? you are a hypocrite if you think the team will loose and go out keep it to yourself you sodamite.

Woof Woof gro up yourself and stop living in the past and the word Cussing are you sure??? step into the times.

So because i went into a well paid job that means i have no football knowledge?

And because i realise there are FAR better teams out there than ours because i realise that teams in the champions league are all capable of turning each other over at times that makes me a knowledgeless hypocryte?

Your profile says you're 28 mistyred... act your age. I'm taking it you're typical dolite scumbag living in some little council house somewhere! The content of what you're saying proves the standard of your upbringing, i feel sorry for you lad.

All i have to say to you.
115-1073096938

Postby Santa » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:18 am

L-type wrote:I don't exactly see the beauty of it, he did a dance move behind the ball and toe blowed it, which gave it no spin and the awkward "beauty" it had.  I still cant figure out why the defender let him dance behind the ball for a good 2 seconds without touching it.

It's because he had so little space to take the shot with at least 3 pairs of legs around him when he toe poke it...the fact that Cech didn't even move showed how unexpected it was when the shot went in.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:24 am

L-type wrote:
Santa wrote:I think only one player on the planet can score a goal like that. It took me a good 3 secs to realised it has gone in...

By the looks of it, it took Cech even longer.  I don't exactly see the beauty of it, he did a dance move behind the ball and toe blowed it, which gave it no spin and the awkward "beauty" it had.  I still cant figure out why the defender let him dance behind the ball for a good 2 seconds without touching it.

if you have played football (which you may have, i don't know?) you would relasie how extraordianrily diffcilut it is too get that sort of power and direction from a standing sart, with no backlift and 3 defenders around you, add to that the goalies standing there with no hope at all, makes it quite superb.

The dance move was just a trick, Carvalho was worried that Ronadilnho would go by him so stood off a little and then Ronaldinho creates that special special goal.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:24 am

police brutality there from stu
109-1105722616

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:23 pm

Never been so glad to have been wrong in my life!! Good performance. :)
115-1073096938

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:45 pm

Here you say good performance however in another thread you state that we were not even that good.

???

I can not understand why we are sympthazing Bayer Leverkusen. Yes they had suspended and injured players but that is nothing new as we have had a long list of injured players and have played all season with a squad that picked it self yet most of our fans said "injuries are no execuse for bad performances" however they are an execuse to why we beat another team...........

There seems to be negatives drawn out of everything.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:53 pm

It was good, but not that good. Like i say i've seen better, Arsenal and Chelsea spring to mind, the second half at old trafford we dominated... well Alonso did... Olympiakos, Monaco, Deprotivo. Thats just this season.

All better performances. We done what we had to do against a side who just had a bad off day. They were very poor, for christ sake the goosed Munich the other week, can't be a bad side if ya doin that.

I'd give us a 7... maybe an 8 and i'd give them a 4 out of ten.
115-1073096938

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion