EPL predictions 23/24

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:57 pm

Personally despite our failings I believe us to be in the perfect position. 3 points off top and only 5 points dropped since the league began. 3 of those were deliberately stolen off us so can't be to critical of the team for their performances. We are going much better than I thought we would.

You don't want to be top at this stage and having that pressure plus the expectation to stay there will be to much for a growing team.

We are in a good position  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:28 pm

Deffo watching a style of play that I wasn't expecting, and to be honest it f*cking bores me.

Gone is the fast sparkling direct approach , instead we have a slow methodical probing which against a stacked and organised defence struggles to succeed.

Not suggesting that we don't have quality, just disappointed in how it's being deployed.

Nothing we've shown so far suggests to me that we are contenders to win the Prem title, we will challenge but slip up along the way, inability to hold onto a lead at Brighton is already an example.

We're surely good enough to finish in the top four, maybe 3rd ? and would expect us to at least progress to a Euro final.

Anything less than that would be a massive disappointment.

Damn ! just gotta say again, despite some reasonable results, how disappointed and sometimes bored I am with our  game play  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:11 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:28 pm wrote:Deffo watching a style of play that I wasn't expecting, and to be honest it f*cking bores me.

Gone is the fast sparkling direct approach , instead we have a slow methodical probing which against a stacked and organised defence struggles to succeed.

Not suggesting that we don't have quality, just disappointed in how it's being deployed.

Nothing we've shown so far suggests to me that we are contenders to win the Prem title, we will challenge but slip up along the way, inability to hold onto a lead at Brighton is already an example.

We're surely good enough to finish in the top four, maybe 3rd ? and would expect us to at least progress to a Euro final.

Damn ! just gotta say again, despite some reasonable results, how disappointed and sometimes bored I am with our  game play  :(

We are exciting when we get going up front, but we haven't replaced Mane or Bobby.

I think Gakpo has the potential to be a good Bobby replacement but Diaz isn't good enough to replace Mane and I'm starting to question his ability for a side who want to challenge for major honours.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:37 am

7_Kewell » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:11 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:28 pm wrote:Deffo watching a style of play that I wasn't expecting, and to be honest it f*cking bores me.

We are exciting when we get going up front, but we haven't replaced Mane or Bobby.

I think Gakpo has the potential to be a good Bobby replacement but Diaz isn't good enough to replace Mane and I'm starting to question his ability for a side who want to challenge for major honours.

Mate ! I'm seriously surprised that you're questioning Diaz. In terms of skill, pace and determination he'd be in my starting 11 all day long.  If I had any questions about our front three I'd be starting with fans favourite Nunez .  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:00 am

Diaz isn't consistent enough for me and I'd start Jota over him every day.

Nunez is also having a make or break season. He needs to deliver, too.

Both players have the skills. It's the application that's lacking right now. Hopefully both will step up a gear.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:09 am

7_Kewell » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:00 pm wrote:Diaz isn't consistent enough for me and I'd start Jota over him every day.

Nunez is also having a make or break season. He needs to deliver, too.

Both players have the skills. It's the application that's lacking right now. Hopefully both will step up a gear.

Diaz has periods where he looks so menacing where it looks like he can hurt the opposition at will. However flip side is he can have periods where he seems to run up blind alleys and also his decision making isn't there.

Did have that injury that set him back. He is a quality player but just isn't at the level Mane was for us and to be honest it's not easy filling Mane's shoes.

On Nunez, kind of agree with Owens thoughts on him. He still come across raw at times and although his natural talent will still get him goals but to be a proper consistent player for us his all round game does need improving.
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:31 pm

We should get a bit of a run going now. Our next 3 games are Forest, Luton and Brentford.

The big test will be City away on 25 November.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:56 am

Half way point of the league and we are top. Some interesting predictions on the first page of this thread  :D

Eagle

Postby kazza » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:08 am

I said we will win it, I do every year.

Unless however there is a fundamental change with the refereeing I now say City will win it, easy to raise your eyebrows at conspiracy theories but it is glaringly obvious that even more calm and measured thinkers are seeing the pattern. City fans will use the Grealish one on one (that frankly was not a certain goal since it was Grealish) to show how they have also lost out to refereeing but it’s like 50-1. Other than that example, I don’t remember City being hard done by, on the other hand there was a lot that went their way when it shouldn’t have. So as I said, unless there is a fundamental change I can’t see City not winning it. Rodri is key for them but not as key as the refs  :glare:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:18 pm

Yes city are definitely getting the rub of the green on decisions but it’s not going to last and I can still see them dropping points. I think we will win it as well.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:58 pm

Boocity » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:18 pm wrote:Yes city are definitely getting the rub of the green on decisions but it’s not going to last and I can still see them dropping points. I think we will win it as well.

Hope you're right mate, but I've gotta say with our Greek Scouser out and still unsure when a miles from match fit Robbo may return plus the absence of Salah & Endo off on international duty I'm just hoping we can hang in there . I salute your positive post, but matches in January through to mid February are going to be a real test.

As for City ?  I think they've got some key players close to returning ? .

When all said and done I see this season once again going down to the wire . Maybe VAR will decide who wins it   :down:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:03 pm

Arsenal dropping more points, City will be the main threat. They are capable of a wining streak and with KDB back soon it will be tough.

Long way to go yet but interesting for EPL, top 5 separated by 3 points.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:58 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:58 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:18 pm wrote:Yes city are definitely getting the rub of the green on decisions but it’s not going to last and I can still see them dropping points. I think we will win it as well.

Hope you're right mate, but I've gotta say with our Greek Scouser out and still unsure when a miles from match fit Robbo may return plus the absence of Salah & Endo off on international duty I'm just hoping we can hang in there . I salute your positive post, but matches in January through to mid February are going to be a real test.

As for City ?  I think they've got some key players close to returning ? .

When all said and done I see this season once again going down to the wire . Maybe VAR will decide who wins it   :down:

Yes I see your points, hopefully we dip into the market this month as we have pulled off some great deals in the winter market previously. Just can’t stand the thought of city winning it again and got to be optimistic.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:59 pm

City are always the main threat, Arsenal are always going to make mistakes and drop points where they shouldn't. Also, I know Arsenal are the bigger rival historically, but if they win it then fair enough, they'll probably deserve it. City however are the epitome of what's wrong with this league and modern football in general. Not only did they buy their success but they also have the officials in their back pockets. Every time they win anything I'm slowly losing my love for the sport. Man City is an evil that must be stopped and we might be the only ones that can do it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion