Baros

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:15 pm

A.B. wrote:Baros,Cisse and Morientes, all three could play at the same time and I don't think any of them will be warming the bench.

Cisse can be played as a winger, he has the pace and he can cross the ball. Remember Thierry Henry?

I remember Thierry Henry, but employing cisse as a winger totally makes no sense to me.
Morientes presence was not designed to deal with such situation where cisse is ready to field and baros at the same time is fit. It was just a force major. So, if Cisse is available to play already, it would be the matter of which is the fitter and more prepared player to play.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:19 pm

AA I would play Cisse as a winger until he adapts to the pace of the EPL.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby ronmeister » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:20 pm

He was tried as a winger before he got injured and i gotta admit he looked Awsome i dont think ive ever seen a player as quick.
ronmeister

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:45 am

to me he looked more dangerous as a winger than as a striker.
the pressure of trying to score was obviously getting to him, and he was often waving his arms about and gesturing in frustration but when he was moved wide and the pressure of leading the line taken off his shoulders he looked very impressive, even seeming to gain a yard of pace.
moving a striker out wide is nothing new, bob paisley did the same with ray kennedy, a striker who we got from arsenal and turned him into one of the best left sided midfielders in europe. ask bayern munich about him.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:30 pm

Baros is the best third choice striker in the country by a mile. He isn't good enough for the first team however. We have to improve on him.

He has done brilliantly this season, but he's had to, he's generally not good enough to be first choice and in my opinion never will be unless the rest of the team is good enough to carry him.
115-1073096938

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:21 am

stu_the_red wrote:Baros is the best third choice striker in the country by a mile. He isn't good enough for the first team however. We have to improve on him.

He has done brilliantly this season, but he's had to, he's generally not good enough to be first choice and in my opinion never will be unless the rest of the team is good enough to carry him.

well he was good enough to be top scorer in the euro`s leaving some of the other so called bigger names in the shade. because of houlliers insistance on playing heskey baros has never had a good run in the side until now, and even then injury has thrown a spanner in the works. truth is none of us know how good he is because he`s never had a long enough run in a settled side to really judge him by but imo he`s scored a fair few ( even coming off the bench) and his international record even before the euro`s was very impressive so i`m prepared to give the lad time.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby liamac » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:20 am

Midfield and attack

Cissi............Gerrad..........Alonso............Kewell

Morientes.......Baros

Pretty lipsmacking if you ask me , Cissi was class on the wing i have to say and id like to see more of him on the wing
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:23 am

I'd rather have Riise over Kewell, but it still looks pretty good.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:32 am

Ye i know what you mean Ace , Riise is excellent on the left , real heart and guts kinda player ,ive always liked him.......i just think he is also does a good job at left back , Kewell in my mind is technically much better than Riise
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:29 pm

well he was good enough to be top scorer in the euro`s leaving some of the other so called bigger names in the shade. because of houlliers insistance on playing heskey baros has never had a good run in the side until now, and even then injury has thrown a spanner in the works. truth is none of us know how good he is because he`s never had a long enough run in a settled side to really judge him by but imo he`s scored a fair few ( even coming off the bench) and his international record even before the euro`s was very impressive so i`m prepared to give the lad time.

He's not good enough and giving him and other players time isn't a good answer. Infact its the reason this club hasn't won the league in a long time.

Morientes and Alonso have shown class, they need time to settle, but during that time they're still adding what other players couldn't. Baros is exactly what i said. A good player. Nothing more. We need someone of Owen's class or better to partner Morientes if we are to be deadly upfront. Thats a strikeforce i'd have done anything to see.
115-1073096938

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:49 pm

stu_the_red wrote:

He's not good enough and giving him and other players time isn't a good answer. Infact its the reason this club hasn't won the league in a long time.

Morientes and Alonso have shown class, they need time to settle, but during that time they're still adding what other players couldn't. Baros is exactly what i said. A good player. Nothing more. We need someone of Owen's class or better to partner Morientes if we are to be deadly upfront. Thats a strikeforce i'd have done anything to see.

i`d liked to have seen morientes and owen too but michael had enough of liverpool`s negative tactics under houllier and probably thought benitez came from the same school as valencia liked to play on the break.
luckily for us rafa also knows how to put together a side thats not scared of possession.

yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby chindianred » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:05 am

i believe Milan will become an Anfield legend given the chance.
if u look at the progression this year, he's becoming more and more of a team player. he's passing the ball more, awareness of teamates is improving. after all, it was milan who latched the ball to mori for his first reds goal vs. charlton. without doubt, he's a talent and not a raw one. he's has grown and matured into a more developed striker. but all of us gotta give the young man a chance. and i stress on the word young.
achieved a lot in his short spell so far, minding injuries.
what name could alliterate with morientes. it's gotta be milan..
YNWA
chindianred
chindianred

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion