Baros scores - Yes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:49 am

there is still Arsenal, if they can produce the form they did last season or even improve on it ( which is possible with Reyes coming in to form, the new lad Fabregas looking sound in midfield and other good young signings like Van Persie) then they will win the league agian no probs.
Chelsea have yet to play brilliantly but have maximum points. We are begiining to look good, and with new signings like alonso I am confident we can challenge these 2 clubs and finish ahead of the scum, top 3 will be a good effort. :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:40 pm

the arrival of Nunez and Alonso will definitely boost our performance. Our mid players were "only" Gerrard, Hamann and Kewell. So "we're not lack of quality but lack of players".  (Diao and Biscan are not players :D )
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:01 am

morning fellow reds. good result on saturday considering how poor the first half was. i nearly fell asleep at one point. a lot of encouraging signs in the second half though. :)

Dudek:  My theory says that Benitez has seen Dudek save shot after shot after shot in training but hasn’t seen him in those challenged cross and difficult situations when we all cringe.  True, James looked worse but Kirkland needs to be reinstated as soon as.

Josemi:  What a player.  He has the grit of a British full back and the touch and flare of a Spaniard (I like my sweeping generalistic stereotyping by the way).  A fabulous signing.  Favourite moment for me was mid way through the first half when he juggled the ball past two players and released the cross.  More to come here I feel.

Carragher:  We all know what he can do and what he brings to a game, but this season he’s playing like a matured centre back, the kind of which you can’t buy for 15 million.

Hyypia:  Is it just me or is Sami looking fitter and bouncier than ever before?  Here he bounded around the pitch like a youth team player.  The difference being he was also in the right place at the right time too.  Missed a few headers, but then I think that’s credit to Anelka as much as anything else.

Riise:  John Arne Riise?  Is he new?  He looks like it.  Yes there’s always some baloney about the rejuvenating effects of proving yourself to a new manager but to me it looks like he’s been told to play his own game here.  This looks like the Riise we signed, not the one that ran to standstill last year.

Hamann:  Close to man of the match for me and, in much the same way as Riise, seems to be freer in what he does.  Playing twenty yards up the pitch helps of course where he’s contributing to winning the game, not saving it.

Gerrard:  Awesome as ever, but I’d still go along with Rafa’s comments after the game.  Add intelligence to that dominant running and he’ll improve yet again.

Kewell:  I know he’s doing a job at the moment as the single creative wide player, but for me this wasn’t good enough.  Harry looks prone to losing the ball with almost Murphy like monotony at the moment.  I don’t mind if that happens in trying to go past a player, but that never actually comes off and he also seems unable to find the overlapping player either.  Put Garcia on the right and maybe we’ll stretch teams more, give him more time and space, but until then I’m sceptical.  He’s the one player who needs a kick up the ******, dropping him as soon as Nunez (right) is fit.  He and Garcia (left) will force Harry to step his game up a level.  He needs to as well. 

Finnan: Can’t fault his effort.  All too easy to fault his technique.  But it’s nice to have squad players of this quality isn’t it?

Baros:  Man of the match display from a player who looked like he was on speed and Weetabix.  He caused havoc amongst their back four, ruffled most feathers along the way and opened doors in a team who’d come to defend.  Anfield needs Milan this season.

Cisse:  Rocket like acceleration to add to a finishing touch we saw last week.  This is the kind of excitement we need.  The king has gone, long live the king.  There’s no need for anyone to look back here, Cisse is the man. That nutmeg on Distan by the corner flag was class.

Warnock:  Came on for Finnan in a late midfield shuffle and did a fine job too.  He’s slotting into a team that’s getting to know each other and what a warm glow that gives everyone here.

Diao: Wipe the slate clean and watch him as a new player.  Came in to play centre half as Josemi went off with a sore back.  Hit the first header hard and looked assured to the end.

Biscan: Ditto Diao.  Came in to play in the middle as Kewell went off and Stevie went wide right.  Little time to impress, so we’ll forgive his reluctance to shoot when he should have.

Kop:  Mixed.  Started well, a bit quiet at times and finished with enough volume to make the old place feel like home.  Nice welcome banner for Rafa too.

Them:  Faded at the end but had an early comedy contender with the Pinocchio songs.  Unfortunately I think we’ll now here it at every game.  Blue Moon was nice too.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:40 pm

XSD wrote:How are you watching the game and posting here at the same time? Internet on mobile?

.....PC next to TV......  :D
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:48 pm

stmichael wrote:Riise:  John Arne Riise?  Is he new?  He looks like it.  Yes there’s always some baloney about the rejuvenating effects of proving yourself to a new manager but to me it looks like he’s been told to play his own game here.  This looks like the Riise we signed, not the one that ran to standstill last year.

For me, the player i am the most happiest with is riise. For being pi$$ poor last season to showing this kind of form, he must be the most improved liverpool player this season.

His defending has improved leaps & bounds, and he still looks dangerous when he attacks. If he keeps improving, he will become one of the best fullbacks in the world.

And to think that, he would have been exchanged for Marc Overmars last season.....
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:52 pm

LFC #1 wrote:there is still Arsenal, if they can produce the form they did last season or even improve on it ( which is possible with Reyes coming in to form, the new lad Fabregas looking sound in midfield and other good young signings like Van Persie) then they will win the league agian no probs.
Chelsea have yet to play brilliantly but have maximum points. We are begiining to look good, and with new signings like alonso I am confident we can challenge these 2 clubs and finish ahead of the scum, top 3 will be a good effort. :)

I hate to say this, but the title will most likely go to arsenal.  They simply destroyed boro. Even when they were 3-1 down, they still looked like they were going to win the game.I can't believe how they play. All their attacking players play with so much pace. Their one twos are so perfect. Even berkamp looked like an olympic sprinter against boro.

The only chance we have is if Henry & Reyes are injured for the whole season.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion