Broken leg or broken team

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gazz » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:28 pm

Hi there

Guys do you think the broken leg and ankle of jamie and milan is going to affect our season cause i do. I dont think we have enough depth in our squad to handle this DO U .
Gazz

Postby supersub » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:16 pm

We will miss both players,Baros more than Carragher in my opinion,but I reckon if we continue to take the game to the opposition,the way we have been doing,then I'm sure we will do well.The absence of Jamie gives Riise an opportunity to re-establish himself on the left-hand side,hopefully his form will improve.Their are a few young stars who will be waiting in the wings for a game if the chance arrives:- Le Tallec and Pongolle.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby oldredeyes » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:42 pm

I think we do have enough strength in depth providing we don't get any more major knocks. This is an important period for both Heskey and Riise - who have both been underperforming. They have a chance to show their real form, because if they don't I think GH will add to the squad in the new year. The important thing is that the team stick to this winning pattern of play it's making people notice us again as an exciting team to watch. Feel really sorry for the two lads who got injured, they were doing OK. I wish them both a successful recovery.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:50 pm

here,here
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby RedSi » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:35 am

I agree with oldredeyes, provided we do not see any additional injury setbacks then we should be ok.

Admittedly I'm a bit of a die-hard Heskey fan but I thought he looked really sharp on Saturday and linked the play superbly. If we continue to play Diouf, Kewell and Smicer interchanging positions offensively then between the 5 of them (Heskey and Owen included) they should provide the goals we need. Stevie Gerrard, Sami and John Arne will also contribute in the goal stakes. My personal preference however would be to play le Tallec i/o Smicer, he looked every inch a P'ship player on Saturday.

That said I obviously wish Jamie and Milan a speedy and successful recovery.
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby robbywood2003 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:41 am

While this is a set back I think we have a strong enough squad to get over this problem as long as we don't get anyone else injured. I'm not looking forward to playin blackburn again!

If Van nistleroy got injured for Man U they would be in a whole heap of trouble.
robbywood2003

Postby gollum » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:20 pm

kool.
lol :D
gollum

Postby big al » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:20 pm

One of the issues I've had with GH for a long time has been his rotation of players.  Sadly its hard to be positive when players get possible career ending injuries but the abscence of Jamie and Milan will mean that Gh has less opportunities to play about.  To win the Championship requires consitency and that means in team selection also.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby robbywood2003 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:42 pm

I hate to say it but I think it will be a few years before we are true championship contenders.
robbywood2003

Postby gray » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:38 pm

Boys lets not forget that we still have Didi and Stef to come back into the squad yet. Not to mention Kirk!!

For all of you that watch the reds we know how central to our play Didi can be. And are there many better centre half pairings than Sami and Stef? ( i think not!).

I think its time to give the boys Pongolle and Le Tallec a run in the side there unquestionable talent can not remain un leashed for too much longer.

I still feel that we are light at the back with Carra out and Babbel on loan all year. Put that together with Stef's increasingly worrying fitness problems and we look a tad vulnerable. To be fair to Igor he is never going to be a centre half and allthough he has improved i cant see his long term future at anfield. We should bring the Boumsong transfer forward and get him when the window open in january.

I feel a champions league spot and another UEFA triumph is on the horizon! With the team below we can do it

Dudek

Finnan               Hyppia            Henchoz                Riise

Hamman

Gerrard           Le Tallec

Diouf                                Kewell

Owen
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

gray

Postby RedSi » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:48 pm

I like the look of that team and formation gray. You could always bring my mate Emile off the bench if Diouf or Kewell weren't firing........
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion