Lies & broken promises

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 7:57 pm

No, but hopefully they would do a better job
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Your assuming we will be getting an owner with cash to burn then Saint. :D No top manager is going to come here otherwise after what Rafa has had to put up with. I think we will end up with some middle end manager like Martin Jol.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon May 03, 2010 8:16 pm

£4-5 million a year will twist a lot of peoples arms though Bav. Plus the feeling that Liverpool underachieved this season, a top manager would feel they are likely to better next season even if transfer money is tight.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 8:21 pm

fivecups wrote:£4-5 million a year will twist a lot of peoples arms though Bav. Plus the feeling that Liverpool underachieved this season, a top manager would feel they are likely to better next season even if transfer money is tight.

It's not just the managers salary though fivecups. A new manager might want to rebuild squad and will want some sort of kitty to start with. But how do you think another top manager could get more out of the club even if their spending was restricted? This again goes back to the perception that our squad is fine and it's just being utlized wrong.

I agree one or 2 players could be played in their natural positions for better effect but when people like Torres, Carra, Gerrard, Pepe and Mascherano (the spine of our team) are all saying we need better personel then thats something that needs to be taken seriously. Sorry mate but I can't see it happening with the same squad.

Even if they were played in their correct positions how would we have turned it around the other night against Madrid? Our bench was dire. We need fresh faces. Only a lowly manager would be able to comein and just be forced to work with what he has rather than spend more.

btw Steve McLaren won the league with FC Twente this weekend.  :(
Last edited by tubby on Mon May 03, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 8:53 pm

bavlondon wrote:Your assuming we will be getting an owner with cash to burn then Saint. :D No top manager is going to come here otherwise after what Rafa has had to put up with. I think we will end up with some middle end manager like Martin Jol.

Good point Bav, all the usual suspects have been watching the 'owner situation' over the last 2 years as closely as we have.

Sack Rafa by all means but unless theres money to bring in players, no manager, not even Klinsmann is going to run into T&T´s arms.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 8:59 pm

All things considered the owners should just stick with Rafa. Thats why that 60Mil for players was put in as part of the handover to Barcap, so that money can be given to Rafa whilst they find a buyer. And im assuming by the amount (60Mil) they intend to sell within a year. Ok Rafa has made some mistakes but lets look at the posatives.

1) We done well in the league last year
2) We have a good record in Europe under Rafa... most of the time

As long as he gets whatever he wants to spend we should be back in the top 4 for the following season. And with no CL footy next season we can concentrate on the league only.. give the ressies a run out in the Europa League even...

If he :censored: up again then we should hopefully have new owners in by then so they can pay him off.

Until the takeover has happened I really think this is the best way forward.
Last edited by tubby on Mon May 03, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Bav, we´re still totally dependant on european money to make a profit, we made 20 million this year despite doing badly, next year we´ll be lucky to make 10. You cant write that money off, we need it!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 9:16 pm

Thats why the simple solution is for Dalglish to take over, once we have new ownership and investment we can re-evaluate the situation, but in the meantime we are not stalled and stuck with our thumbs uo our bums just waiting.

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 9:20 pm

s@int wrote:Thats why the simple solution is for Dalglish to take over, once we have new ownership and investment we can re-evaluate the situation, but in the meantime we are not stalled and stuck with our thumbs uo our bums just waiting.

What you nearly said was that just like our players, we need our management to come up from the bootroom to both maintain continuity of playing system, player loyalty and reduce costs.

Cor !! Why didnt we think of that before !!   :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 9:24 pm

Ok so we will be missing out on CL money for a year but are we not going to be getting in extra money from the Standard Chartered and new Adidas deal?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 9:37 pm

bavlondon wrote:Ok so we will be missing out on CL money for a year but are we not going to be getting in extra money from the Standard Chartered and new Adidas deal?

Yeah but dont forget those sponsership payments are based on success - they´re not flat fees.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:38 pm

bavlondon wrote:Ok so we will be missing out on CL money for a year but are we not going to be getting in extra money from the Standard Chartered and new Adidas deal?

well sort of but it olny comes in drips and drabs over the life of the deals.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Well that's just :censored:.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:43 pm

bavlondon wrote:Well that's just :censored:.

well its not that bad mate, in todays world you never pay anythng full up front, we no we have te money coming in over the years of the deal, so you can spend it upfront........if you are carefull.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 10:15 pm

lakes10 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Well that's just :censored:.

well its not that bad mate, in todays world you never pay anythng full up front, we no we have te money coming in over the years of the deal, so you can spend it upfront........if you are carefull.

Learn that of Hicks did you mate , spend it today and let tomorrow take care of its self   :D

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion