Liverpool vs burnley - Lets thrash these losers

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:00 pm

Early team news hints

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N147380050107-1312.htm

Rafael Benitez has confirmed he will be using Neil Mellor, John Welsh, Darren Potter, Zak Whitbread, David Raven and Mark Smyth against Burnley in the FA Cup 3rd round at Turf Moor on Friday night. 
Benitez has given a strong hint that the above six players could well start the match and if that was to be the case then it would be full debuts for England Under-21 international Welsh and England Under-20 striker Smyth.

However Reds new signing Mauricio Pellegrino will not be involved. Stephen Warnock will also not be involved as he is suffering from the flu.

Benitez said: "I will be using David Raven, Zak Whitbread, Darren Potter, Mark Smyth, John Welsh and Neil Mellor.

"Jamie Carragher will probably be in the side, but Steven Gerrard will be rested. We are thinking the same way as we were when we began the Carling Cup. Mauricio Pellegrino won't be involved for this game because the papers didn't arrive in time.

"It's important to work with the young players so they are ready for these kinds of games. If we can't win this match by using the whole squad, that means we don't have the players to compete at a high level in four competitions.

"We are going to win, but it's impossible to do well in four competitions with exactly the same players. We have reached the semi-final of the Carling Cup and have another two games in five days before we play Manchester United next weekend. That's an important game against a side in the top four which we need to consider."

Benitez also hinted that the youngsters may get another chance in the Carling Cup semi-final with Watford on Tuesday but added it all depends on how they feel after the Burnley game.

Benitez said: "After tonight's match, I willdecide if the young players are too tired to play against Watford, too."
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chrissy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:41 pm

COME ON LIVERPOOL LETS NO DO A MANC SCUM ****** RESULT AGAINST EXETER LETS NOT BE LIKE THEM LETS WIN 5-0!!!!
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:06 pm

can i also say good look to blackpool against leicester tonight. keep us on course for that dream 5th round meeting. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:38 pm

stmichael wrote:can i also say good look to blackpool against leicester tonight. keep us on course for that dream 5th round meeting.

YOU ARE KIDDING ME??

THERE'S A CHANCE WE'LL PLAY BLACKPOOL?

I'M DROOLING HERE!!!!!!!  I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT IT WILL BE LIKE ROUND HERE.........

DO YOU THINK TJAMES WILL COME BACK?

:D  :laugh:  :D :laugh:  :D
jonnymac1979

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:40 pm

Why is there a 15 minute delay and whats the team?
Im p#ssed off had a really sh#t day got a migrane :angry:
Cant get the match on :angry: to top it off.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:57 pm

Here we go at last Cmon Liverpool lets give these a thrashing :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:48 am

Somebody said that we weren't informed as fans about our lineup against Burnley and here is an article that was posted a week ago.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:35 am

stmichael wrote:can i also say good look to blackpool against leicester tonight. keep us on course for that dream 5th round meeting. :D

guess that dream is over for another season.  :(
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - Games