Newcastle in 4th round - Do you think we will beat newcastle(h)?

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Newcastle in 4th round - Do you think we will beat newcastle(h)?

Easily
No votes
Yes
21%
Scrape It
21%
Dunno
21%
Edged out
7%
No
14%
Battered
14%

Total votes : 14

Postby carzy144 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:16 pm

I think it was a good hard fought win on Sunday at Huish Park...I think we play excellent football at Anfield so I am goin for an easy win against Newcastle at Anfield in the 4th Round.

What do you think?
Liverpool = Once Champs always Champs
carzy144

Postby Owzat » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:51 pm

Too hard to call at the moment. Little separates the two sides in the league and both can be brilliant or awful on their day
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:13 pm

I somewhat agree with Owzat but I worry about Liverpool's present malaise - very difficult to score against any opposition and tend to lose out in the gemas where the opposition have physical stength in their attacks. Alan Shearer is in a very good run of form and he does love to scrap with defenders.
I am not convinced Liverpool will have it easy unless we get lucky with a deflection by the Newcastle players into their own net and Shearer and co having a bad day with plentiful of misses.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby robbie » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:47 am

2-1 to the pool,(i hope)
robbie
robbie

Postby Dom1 » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:40 am

HAS THE MAKING OF A GREAT GAME, BUT THEN AGAIN ALL LIVERPOOLvNEWCASTLE CLASHES ARE!!

IT SHOULD REALLY BE CLOSE, BUT I CAN SEE LIVERPOOL SCRAPING IT!!
DOM1 :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Owzat » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:41 am

Could be quite a cagey game. Both teams have a lot in common - competing for a Champions League place in the league and hoping to win the UEFA Cup and/or FA Cup. Home advantage hasn't counted for much in the Carling Cup this season and FA Cup last season so it could just be down to who wants it more. We have a pretty much full squad to choose from so I reckon we should sneak it, 3-1 final score but close most of the way through
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:02 pm

Newcastle will lose out I feel (dunno why) but it will be a very close game.  A VERY close game.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Return to Liverpool FC - Games