Mike riley - Very significant contributions.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:03 pm

Tell me of a club in the world that'd be happy not to have had a penalty given and you'd be lookin at a bunch of lyin tw@s. Don't matter what country you go to, that'd be a pen. As for the Pongo thing, damn right it goes on all the time. How often do we see forwards bein pushed by defenders before the ball even gets played? Or is that too difficult for refs to observe after makin their minds up so soon before?
Footballs moved forward a hell of a lot in the last few decades, refs havent. Anyone remember Pat Partridge and the League Cup against Forest....a free kick three yards outta the box yes, but that ****** gave a pen, cost us the cup that year without a doubt.
I can only think its a good job it wont stop us winning the League this season, but it could cost 4th place, if the injuries keep comin especially.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby reddippydick » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:16 pm

the rules used to be if it hit a hand then it was a foul, so when a ball was blasted and hit a hand then it would be considered a foul.

The refs never played it this way, if it was blasted and hit a hand then a foul wasn't given so why have we gone back to this interpretation as it gives the ref a cop out on the grounds it wasn#t deliberate. I preferred the previous ruling as it gives the amateur fookin idiots less room to make for their cop out decisions.

Get rid of sh!te it only ruins the game. Lets have refs that are controlled by the clubs and not the FA.

Clear the scum out the game now!
reddippydick

Postby L-type » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:08 pm

yeah hand in ball is basically when the defender doesn't have enough time to move hgis hands away from the ball, but when it's a 30 yard cross it doesnt make any sense.  Riley knew he fu.cked up, which can be seen by him calling everything our way for the next 5 minutes.  He was relieved when he saw the game was gonna end in the draw and when it didnt he tried to give Liverpool extra extra time.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Architect » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:10 am

bigmick wrote:Forget Henri, Drogba, Lampard, Rooney and the rest of the megabucks superstars, the most significant mover and shaker in the Championship race sofar is Mike Riley.

I agree Big Mick.

If Chelsea go on to win the title, I hope that Peter Kenyon ensures that a medal is carved out for Mr Riley, because he will have played just as big a part in the Championship race as the likes of Lampard and Drogba.

I found Riley's performance sickening. Perhaps he actually likes the controversy and headlines he's creating. It might be satisfying his ego.

This man is completely unfit to be a referee.

I would urge every Liverpool fan to write to the address below to ask the FA not to allow Mr Riley to officiate in any more Liverpool games in the near future.

The Leeds ref has caused enough damage already.

Write to:
The FA Chief Executive,
25 Soho Square,
London,
W1D 4FA

If Ferguson can pick and choose the refs he gets at Old Trafford, then Liverpool fans should make it clear to the FA that we don't welcome Mr Riley at Anfield anymore.

While the Leeds city skyline (pictured below), near where the ref lives, is undergoing radical change at the moment - with some striking new projects being built; Mr Riley does not deserve to represent the city. I hope that the authorities will look to demolish him as soon as possible.

Architect

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:12 am

So you are working for Leeds council then ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion