Dudek going to mancity?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby martiness » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:31 pm

Will Liverpool really want to sell Dudek to ManCity?
I guess it will be one of the most valuable mistakes of Houllier.

It's really hard to be Liverpool fan in these days.
Houlier out!!
martiness

Postby supersub » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:05 pm

I don't think selling Dudek to anyone is a bad move if we get a reasonable price.We have a fantastic keeper in Kirkland,who will be at the club for a long time to come.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby leothelion » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:38 pm

IT WOULD WANT TO BE A GOOD PRICE DUDEX HAS SAVED US IN A LOT OF GAMES YES HE HAS MADE A FEW MISTAKES BUT I WOULD HANG ON TO HIM ITS NICE TO HAVE A GOOD BACK UP FOR EVERY POSITION IN CASE OF INJURIES BUT IF THE PRICE WAS RIGHT WE COULD USE THE MONEY TO IMPROVE THE SQUAD OVERALL
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:47 am

I thought he had a nightmare against Southampton in the Carling Cup a few weeks back, he's not the confidant keeper he once was.  Don't know about selling him though, I think it would be a mistake, he'd be excellent cover for Kirkland.
jonnymac1979

Postby ToTinho » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:56 pm

If the club get a good price why not Kirkland is the future and Dudek is not the same goalkeeper 2 seasons ago .. with this we could improve the team ..
ToTinho

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:34 pm

He's not old enough is he? :D  If we sell him who would we replace him with? Kirkland is a good prospect but I think Dudek could help him develop. I would hang onto him unless a better keeper becomes available. Unless of course they're offering in excess of £2m then I would push it up a bit before considering acceptance
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:08 pm

We have a first class keeper in Chris Kirkland,who unfortunately picked up a bad injury last season.Goalkeepers rarely miss games,so to have another keeper getting piles sitting on the bench all season when he is worth anything upto £3 million,is a bit of a waste.The fact that Dudek seems to have dropped of the bench into the reserve side couldbe an indication GH is ready to accept offers this January.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:08 pm

I think he will be going in the tranfer window and an experienced keeper who will be willing to play second fiddle will arrive.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:30 pm

I read there will be no transfers in or out of Anfield in January. Alleged source - Gerard Houllier :(
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:04 pm

personnally think that its better to keep Dudek cos Kirland can be quite injury prone.........and Dudek's excellent..he just doesnt feel confident as he used to cos defensive line sucks, doesnt cover well for him
whylongball?

Postby Kadi » Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:22 pm

leothelion wrote:IT WOULD WANT TO BE A GOOD PRICE DUDEX HAS SAVED US IN A LOT OF GAMES YES HE HAS MADE A FEW MISTAKES BUT I WOULD HANG ON TO HIM ITS NICE TO HAVE A GOOD BACK UP FOR EVERY POSITION IN CASE OF INJURIES BUT IF THE PRICE WAS RIGHT WE COULD USE THE MONEY TO IMPROVE THE SQUAD OVERALL

You are right...
...but for me (I'm Pole and great fan of Liverpool FC) Dudek is not just LFC keeper. He the best goalkeeper in our representation. We haven't got any good player to replace him at first eleven. So in my opinion it would be good for us to keep number one in LFC for Dudek. Anyway he's very very good goalkeeper even if there are some better keepers in the world.  :cool:
Kadi

Postby Kadi » Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:24 pm

Don't sell Dudek please!!!!!!!!!         I hate mancity:angry:
Kadi

Postby HistoryGirl » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:29 pm

whylongball? i agree with you there irkland is the future and should be number one Dudek is still a good goalie and could teach him a few things, so i certainly think it is worth keeping him for the time being at least.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge