Dudek or kirkland?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby blur » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:39 am

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum.

I think it's difficult to choose between the 2. One's light, agile and able to bend his body to make saves that seem impossible and surprisingly, very hardy (how many times has he been injured over the past 2 seasons). THe other's big and strong but funnily, very fragile!

Personally, i would prefer Kirkland cos i believe he has safer hands. After the MU match last year when Dudek gifted the ball to Forlan to score, i'd swear it's not my imagination that the centrebacks, in the matches that followed, lacked confidence in his ability to deal with high balls. They cleared it when it was evident that the keeper should have no difficulties in grabbing it.

Also a team needs a big keeper with agility to intimidate the opposition (i am a huge fella and play goalie both in football and hockey competitively in Malaysia, Singapore and Australia and am familiar with the psycological role that plays on ur opposition).

Unfortunately for Kirkland, perhaps he's too young and inexperienced to make self-preservation a priority. He has no qualms making 1 on 1 tackles that might result in serious injuries to himself. We have seen that all too many times. In an ideal world, we would have a giant in goal able to command his box (best example last 10 years i think M. Scheimechel) I hate M.U. with all my heart but i have nothing but respect for that keeper! Hopefully Kirkland will one day mature into a player of that calibre...
blur

Postby kaiyi li » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:19 am

of course is Kirkland.maybe Dudek not alweays makes misstake ,but he will make misstake if it is a very important match for liverpool.haha:p
kaiyi li

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:31 pm

After today's game, I say Dudek. Kirkland let us down.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:38 pm

Its much harder to drop a goalkeeper than an outfield player put after toaday i think it maybe be time Dudek has bided his time without kicking up a fuss.Despite wat some of the papers said and our defence don't looking comfortable with Kirkland in goal he looks shaky his low on confidence its about like the Aresnal goalkeeper sistuation. how i would love if we have Chelsea goalkeepers Dudek should start on Tuesday i think but he won't p.s does anyone know if Biscan is injuryed
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby espantoso » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:20 pm

Personally i think Kirkland is more proper for us
RAFA RULEZZ
espantoso

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:01 pm

Bring on the Polishmeister please
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:38 pm

Kirklands had a few howlers latelty, get Jerzy back in goal, he needs to be in the first team anyway hes to good to be sitting on a bench bet arsenal would snap our hands off for Dudek :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:00 pm

Dudek is a know i remeber everyone critsing Dudek for the holwer against totenham and its diffrent changing keepers than outfield players it means u don't have confidence in them. I don't expect to see dudek play for us again this year unless kirkland is injuryed :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:39 pm

the great one wrote:Dudek is a know i remeber everyone critsing Dudek for the holwer against totenham and its diffrent changing keepers than outfield players it means u don't have confidence in them. I don't expect to see dudek play for us again this year unless kirkland is injuryed :)

This is what you said, We made a mistake putting Kirkland in and now we gotta just run with it.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:46 pm

Dudek is a know i remeber everyone critsing Dudek for the holwer against totenham and its diffrent changing keepers than outfield players it means u don't have confidence in them. I don't expect to see dudek play for us again this year unless kirkland is injuryed

You're damn right. Every time the opposition is attacking our goal I worry if Kirkland is going to ****** up. Imo Dudek wasn't all that bad, at the time most here needed a player they can slag off and who better than the goalkeeper? Usually it would be Biscan, but the lad shut most of us up.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:28 am

dudek roxors
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolfc » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:49 pm

everyone loves kirkland~and me too~~
in my opinion,he can be the best of all goalkeeper.he will be the best.I believe it!
You'll never walk alone!
liverpoolfc

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:08 pm

I have to say i thought this season kirkland would over take dudek and justify it as well, so far he hasn't been up to his standard at all, i dont know whats happened to him, it could be that pressure or injuries have got to him but kirkland has not performed as he should this season. I am happy to see dudek get a chance to prove his worth again and hope he does just that.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:35 am

Dudek. Kirkland's got a hell of a future in front of him, but he needs to get FULLY fit. How can a goalie play with a back injury? Always feel its a lonely position, you make one mistake youre screwed whereas strikers miss chance after chance for less criticism. Kirkland aint up to speed at the minute, so maybe he would've been better served in the Carlin cup with the Dude in the Prem for a while longer. He's got talent, what he aint got by the looks of things is presence, confidence and certainly mobility. Still think he was a good buy tho, jus the fitness thing is the key.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cichy » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:45 am

When I read you post i wish Dudek leave liverpool...like I and many people in Poland see he is to good and newspeaper try to destroy him to make a place for Kirkland..if you think that he is better then Jerzy you're in big mistake!!The true is that England don't have any good keepers!!I play in pro evolution soccer 4 on ps2 only England so I know something about that;) I always like Liverpool but now when Jerzy is treat here like he is I slowly lose this feeling..sorry for my English...
cichy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge