Dudek or kirkland?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Red Indian » Thu May 12, 2005 12:33 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Kirkland will be a real good goalkeeper, whether it is at Liverpool or at another club. He will compete with Robinson for the England goalkeeping postion, if only he can play regulary for a season.

I am diapointed that Rafa looks set to buy a new first choice. Personaly I would put Kirkland in as my undisputed number 1 next year.

I agree.  English keepers IMO are still best suited to the Prem (Cech apart).  Although Dudek is a good keeper he doesn't really command his area and it seems to me that he bottles it everytime a high ball ever comes near.  I'd give Kirkland a full season to regain his confidence with Carson as No 2
Red Indian

Postby kullinger » Thu May 12, 2005 7:06 am

Yeah if Kirkland is fit he shall play. He is englands no.1 and if he don't get any injures next season I am sure he soon will get a place in the nationals.
kullinger

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Thu May 12, 2005 7:31 am

kullinger wrote:Yeah if Kirkland is fit he shall play. He is englands no.1 and if he don't get any injures next season I am sure he soon will get a place in the nationals.

I'm a Pole so I can't be clear-minded about this, but .....
L'pool need to have an experienced keeper - both Europe and domestic.
Kirkland troubled with his injuries doesn't provide the experience needed, not to speak of young Carson.

So if Jerzy is to go (which would be ver sad news for me :( ) we need to get hold of some keeper who has proven himself already.
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BigRedMachine » Thu May 12, 2005 1:53 pm

Kirkland and Dudek are both good keepers but Kirkland is far too injury prone and Dudek seems to lose concentration and crucial points in a game...I think Reina would be a good signing but we would also need an older more mature back up keeper along the lines of Cudicini
(At Dixie Dean's funeral) "I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday Afternoon." Bill Shankly

YNWA
BigRedMachine

Postby banana » Thu May 12, 2005 4:38 pm

Red Indian wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:Kirkland will be a real good goalkeeper, whether it is at Liverpool or at another club. He will compete with Robinson for the England goalkeeping postion, if only he can play regulary for a season.

I am diapointed that Rafa looks set to buy a new first choice. Personaly I would put Kirkland in as my undisputed number 1 next year.

I agree.  English keepers IMO are still best suited to the Prem (Cech apart).  Although Dudek is a good keeper he doesn't really command his area and it seems to me that he bottles it everytime a high ball ever comes near.  I'd give Kirkland a full season to regain his confidence with Carson as No 2

This is bullsh!t.

Kirkland is a extremely slow and bad goalkeeper with no footwork. I could not care less if he is english or whatever. With him we will risk loosing every game. He was signed after a nightmare season at Coventry when he played a major part in their relegation conceding a record number of goals. Houllier was afraid of signing only foreiners, because of the buy british supporters were at his tail. So he ended up with one englishman and a pole. Since then the hugely expensive Kirkland has maybe played 15 games in 5 years on enormous wages. Guess who got the best deal? Kirkland now a multimillionaire has been good for nothing, or maybe the physiotherapist have been kept busy with treating all his injuries so that is maybe fine since the physio gets more experience and must handle a variety of injuries and learn new stuff.

Claiming Kirkland is number 1 keeper for LFC or even England is truly shocking. He is nowhere near the required standard, and never will be.

And please. English goalkeepers best suited for the premiership. What a load of :censored:. The best suited goalie, is the best goalie irrespective of skincolour or nationality. Cech is not english is he? And Schmeichel, in my opinion the best golkeeper in the history of the premiership, virtually reinvented the noble art of goalkeeping while playing for Man U. Was he english? Just take your biased views with ya and go buy a slice of pizza.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby BigRedMachine » Fri May 13, 2005 12:43 pm

I agree saying Kirkland is the no1 english keeper is a joke...IMHO carson is a much better prospect
(At Dixie Dean's funeral) "I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday Afternoon." Bill Shankly

YNWA
BigRedMachine

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri May 13, 2005 5:21 pm

-I never said that English keepers are best suited to the Premirship, I was taking about physique.

-I never said that Kirklands is Englands best goalkeeper, I said that if he can get a full season under his belt, he can compete with Robinson for the goalkeeping postion.

-I still think people are going well over the top with their critcism of Kirkland, I think he will make a real good goalkeeper.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul_Poland » Tue May 24, 2005 9:58 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:-I never said that English keepers are best suited to the Premirship, I was taking about physique.

-I never said that Kirklands is Englands best goalkeeper, I said that if he can get a full season under his belt, he can compete with Robinson for the goalkeeping postion.

-I still think people are going well over the top with their critcism of Kirkland, I think he will make a real good goalkeeper.

he will make a real good goalkeeper but tell me when!? He`s still injured because of something! He is like glass... emty glass  :D  Mabye Jurek  lose concentration  in crucial moments but he`s a little bit afraid after that comments in newspapers etc. He can still be no 1 ! If Liv sell Dudek, they`ll make a big mistake. You will see... It`s not easy to be a goalkeeper in England especialy in Liv. ( read : Kirkland etc. )
Image There`s only one Jerzy Dudek and one Anfield Road!!!
Paul_Poland

Postby kops_revolution » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:55 pm

kirkland reaction to the ball is terrible, i never c him save a single shot which i think it is a simple job. if i would to choose, i would choose carson who i think is much more potential to be England no.1 in the future in comparison to silly kirkland.
kops_revolution

Postby MCYan » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:53 pm

I would pick Dudek in the big games, and Kirkland when we play the lower teams. But unfortunately Rafa does not like Kirkland in particular, and he is pretty injury prone. Scott Carson is a good cover, but he still needs some time to build up his confidence and experience. I don't know about Reina personally i have never seen him play.
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Siddy454 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:58 am

Kirland 100% over dudek any day
1892 - 2005 - Liverpool F.C

18 League Titles
6 F.A Cups
7 League Cups                         
5 European Cups
3 UEFA Cups
3 European Super Cups
1 Super Cup
14 Charity Shields
Y.N.W.A
Siddy454

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:11 pm

kirkland almost lets shots go right through him, the rivaldo free kick in the olympiacos game, the carsley shot in the goodison derby and solano`s free kick in the villa game were all well within arms reach of him (without diving or even moving to boot) and he somehow still managed to let them all in when saving them looked easier.
dudek has his moments but he still pulls of some great saves where as to me kirkland doesnt make blatant errors like spilling the ball but he just cant seem to stop average, run of the mill speculative efforts on goal. for a big fella as well the way he flaps at crosses is embaressing - he spent the goodison derby wafting his arms around his head like he was being attacked by a swarm of wasps everytime someone knocked a highball into our box. injuries havent helped the lad feel settled but maybe this stint at west brom will help him regain his form as he has undoubted talent but he`s struggling to show it at the moment.
i`d go with jerzy before chris.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby ry_math » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:51 am

???  reina
ry_math

Postby brix » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:23 am

Dudek :bowdown
brix

Postby lfcrules » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:46 pm

dudek:p
lfcrules

PreviousNext