Style of play

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GERRYOBD » Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:47 pm

I  have supported Liverpool for 25 years and I can't remember a Liverpool team struggling to find a style of play so badly. We struggled under Souness but there was some optimism because at least the likes of Fowler and McManaman were being introduced for the future. Some of the players playing for the club do not deserve to wear that famous red shirt because they do not seem to have any pride in the club - the Yeovil first half performance was a shamble from a club that has 4 European cuos to its name. We don't deserve a champions league place - we will get hammered if by some miracle we get that 4th spot. We lack width and invention - Kewell is not being played in the right position, Heskey has never justified his fee and Hypia seems to have lost his confidence playing next to Biscan. If the club is not careful, we will start heading the same way as Tottenham and Everton - formerly big clubs who now have no chance of winning the Premiership. Houllier has certainly been lessthan inspired with some of his tatics and buys but the players are not doing it on the pitchand the situation seems to be getting worse. :(
GERRYOBD

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:48 pm

Spot on Gerryobd, I agree with almost every word .The number of players not earning their keep is a disgrace . There was a time when players would die for this club, now it seems all most of them want to do is turn up and collect their cash before disappearing back across the channel for another plate of frogs legs and a glass of wine . Too many of them have no bottle never mind skill .We can only pray that chelsea have an off night tonight.As for our style of play ,the most telling aspect was when the TV pundits at the Yeovil game asked the question " Which team is from the premiership ? " Christ !!!!!! that hurt, :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion