Atalanta (3) Vs Liverpool (0) 18/04 Ko 20:00 2nd Leg EL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:23 pm

Well that was just feckin disappointing !!

The last time we chased a quad we ended up with a couple of domestic cups. I just hope that this season doesn’t end in more tears with only a Carabao Cup !! :(
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:21 am

redshade » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:55 pm wrote:Have my doubts also on 2nd leg. Even in 2nd half when we made subs we couldn't even carve them open or create a proper chance. That Salah offside goal was how we were meant to link and get past them.

Anything is possible, but I'm struggling to see an iconic comeback in 2nd leg.

If we drop points against Palace then truly wheels have come off.

When you make so many changes to your starting XI it’s difficult to get your best team out on the pitch, yes Mo and Diaz came on in the end but Nunez had gone off and we still had the likes of Gomez out there when Bradley or now he’s available again Trent are far better options particularly when chasing a game. Indeed a lot of our moves broke down with Joe who seems obsessed with shooting on sight atm.
We are a better team than we showed on Thursday, let’s see what happens in the return leg
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:13 pm

I think their manager got it spot on with his tactics and game management so it's up to klopp to come up with something different for the return. Can't go over there and get beat or scrape a 1.0.

On the other hand we did dominate them and had more than enough chances to still be in this. I think we will have more possession and chances but it's down to the players to make it count. Can't blame Klopp for the amateur mistakes the likes of Nunez, Diaz and Salah make in front of goal.

Midfield was a big problem in that game as we just got carved time and time again. No one did what was needed to break up play and win back possession. Its not the game for Elliot or Jones and I wouldn't play Szoboszlai either. I'd go with Bradley at RB and if trent is fit I'd push him into midfield with Endo and Mac.

Get one inside 15 minutes and we will get a second before HT. Just hope there is none of this complacent lethargic shyte that we have seen in some games. Get a win tomorrow and then fire the kitchen sink at this on Thursday. We can't be thinking to only focus on the league as that is madness.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:59 pm

Renamed title, might aswel continue 2nd leg discussion here..

Unlikely task but you never know.

Will get chances but will we covert? Most importantly will we stop them from scoring?!

I'll be eagerly watching but don't feel optimistic.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:00 pm

I recall they beat us 2-0 at Anfield last time but we beat them 5-0 at Bergamo before that. That was 3 or 4 years ago in the CL. So yeah, not optimistic but who knows.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:35 pm

They have got to show up with a bit of energy and desire to start. None of this plod around till we concede. Throw absolutely everything at it with your best team. Hopefully we bring Danns and if Nunez isn't cutting it then get him off.

On another note Hopefully 120 minutes coming up for both Arsenal and City tonight. Then they progress on pens.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:28 pm

We go there and grab two quick goals which we are more than capable of, it is game on and Atalanta will fold imo. Atalanta were good and got there tactics right last week but lets be honest they are not an elite team and we could quite easily give them a hiding tomorrow. Important to start with tempo and get in there faces right from the off.
Doeboy

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:56 am

Good luck Reds.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:17 am

This is a good opportunity to show everybody who are the real bosses in European football from the UK. Great to see both Arsenal and Man City go out of the Champions League and that’s gonna be a motivating factor for ourselves.

We’ve definitely had a very poor few weeks, but Arsenal and City have both most definitely slipped up as well. I fully appreciate that they will be hurting and that might have a damaging effect on the league for the time being. I’m going to live with that one !!

It’s gonna be an interesting team selection tonight. Personally, I wouldn’t start Salah as I don’t think he has been particularly good since he returned from injury. If Nunez, Jota and Diaz all put on their scoring boots, then we’ve got enough to thrash this lot.

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:17 pm

Trent Alexander-Arnold starts for Liverpool in tonight's Europa League fixture with Atalanta.

The vice-captain returns to the XI in Italy as the Reds look to overturn a three-goal first-leg deficit in the quarter-final tie.

Alexander-Arnold is one of three changes made by Jürgen Klopp, with Cody Gakpo and Dominik Szoboszlai also coming back into the starting line-up.

Liverpool: Alisson, Van Dijk, Konate, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Salah, Jones, Gakpo, Robertson, Alexander-Arnold.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Gomez, Endo, Nunez, Elliott, Jota, Tsimikas, Gravenberch, Clark, Danns, Quansah.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:17 pm

Liverpool team news
Liverpool team: Alisson, Van Dijk, Konate, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Jones, Diaz, Gakpo, Salah.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Gomez, Endo, Nunez, Elliot, Jota, Tsimikas, Gravenberch, Clark, Danns, Quansah.

Interesting choice leaving Nunez on the bench...maybe the kick up the a**e he needs to start finishing his chances in matches.
Gakpo has looked lively the last couple of cameos he has had..all XI need to be absolutely FERAL from the get go.

4-0 or 4-1 and we win on pens..either one will do.. :nod
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:18 pm

Lol great timing dude.

Common redmen we've had a crappy few weeks. Make us proud
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:22 pm

Let's get an early goal and see how things pan out.

Come on red men. Let's do this!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:23 pm

I just want to see real intensity and energy, when we are on song there is no way they can handle us, even at theirs. We have been so frustrating to watch the last couple of weeks, I just want to see us go out on a high if that is what it is. Press, full energy and most importantly finish, we do that and we’re through.

They will park the bus, we need to make opportunities and finish them off.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:06 pm

Yes we have a pen. Score this and we are going through....trust me
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games