Atalanta (3) Vs Liverpool (0) 18/04 Ko 20:00 2nd Leg EL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:36 am

We are not out yet, granted it’s going to take one of the greatest comebacks in our entire 132 year history but starting with our best XI and not a side with 6 changes will help.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:59 am

To be fair, if we go there and get 2 early goals, something we are entirely capable of, the tie will have turned on its head and I'd expect us to get through. Start with Jota, Salah and Diaz and get at them from the off.

Atalanta are a very good team but not elite level so could see them crumbling if we get those early goals. Only issue is we are leaking goals and would really need to close the door defensively to give ourselves a chance.
Doeboy

Postby Boocity » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:11 am

Reg » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:13 am wrote:Looks like our season has imploded.

A bit of deja vu like the season before last when we were hunting for 4 trophies and let it slip in the two most important one.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 am

Atalanta has won something like 10 out of their last 11 home games, we have it all to do.

I honestly can’t see us turning this around in light of our last few game’s form. Incredible how every single player was playing so poorly, they couldn’t make simple passes. As poor as they were and how it included the whole team you’d think something happened behind the scenes as that was not normal. We peaked early it seems.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:00 am

I just feel like there was a risk this would happen at the end of the season. Us not strengthening the squad in January was criminal.
We had the League cup, the FA cup, The Europa League and the League and our squad was paper thin. Players can't handle 2 games/week in the modern game.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:01 am

Klopp has had some critiscm from certain quarters that he doesn't rotate enough and needs to keep players fresh but results like yesterday don't help that argument.

The likes of Nunez, Gakpo, Jones etc really need to be grabbing these opportunities and show they can make things happen when the main men are not in the team and not just ride off their coat tails.

However I question whether they are good enough to do that when they don't have the likes of Salah, Jota or Diaz in the team.

Yesterday was very poor and will be a crying shame if it proves to be Klopp's last european night at Anfield.

Still believe we have a chance as it only takes 2 early goals and we are right back in it and have to remember as good as they were last night, it's Atalanta and not Real Madrid we are dealing with. Go 2-0 up in the second leg which is entirely possible, I can see us going on to wipe the floor with them.
Doeboy

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:15 am

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:15 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:06 pm wrote:Enough is Enough ! Yeah we love him and yeah he's Captain Chaos but Nunez can f*ck right off, he's a f*cking fun bag we can do without   :angry:
I love Nunez but in our 3 biggest games this season he's been absolutely useless in all 3, missing sitters galore!! It's not good enough at this level. They said he had a 11% conversion rate compared to Kane who has 25%. We create alot of chances so he has no complaints he should have at least 2 tonight.

:nod If those stats are correct basically Kane scores 1 from 4 chances, Nunez scores 1 from 10 . From what we've seen of him it sounds about right .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:17 am

We need 4 goals to progress and I struggle to see where they are going to come from tbh. They will park the biggest bus and our players won't have a clue how to break it down.  On top of that we can't keep them out the other end either.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:19 am

woof woof ! » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:15 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:15 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:06 pm wrote:Enough is Enough ! Yeah we love him and yeah he's Captain Chaos but Nunez can f*ck right off, he's a f*cking fun bag we can do without   :angry:
I love Nunez but in our 3 biggest games this season he's been absolutely useless in all 3, missing sitters galore!! It's not good enough at this level. They said he had a 11% conversion rate compared to Kane who has 25%. We create alot of chances so he has no complaints he should have at least 2 tonight.

:nod If those stats are correct basically Kane scores 1 from 4 chances, Nunez scores 1 from 10 . From what we've seen of him it sounds about right .

Not just Nunez though, Diaz & Salah are about 1 in 7 or 8 as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:26 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:17 am wrote:We need 4 goals to progress and I struggle to see where they are going to come from tbh. They will park the biggest bus and our players won't have a clue how to break it down.  On top of that we can't keep them out the other end either.

The odds are undoubtedly stacked against us mate but there is still 90 minutes to play and Atalanta whilst decent are not an elite outfit. If we can get a couple of goals their @rses will go.  We definitely approached last night’s game in completely the wrong way, 6 changes suggests we massively underestimated them, would Jurgen go with a frontline of Gakpo, Elliott and Nunez and a fullback pairing of Kostas and Gomez for a title decider against City or Arsenal? Heck I doubt he’d even pick that line up for a league game against Luton or Sheffield United.
Don’t get me wrong my money is still firmly on Atalanta, imo that third goal killed us but if we turn up fired up and with our best XI on the pitch from the start I wouldn’t bet against things getting interesting especially if we can score an early goal
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:22 pm

We saw last night that Elliot is no replacement for Mo. And Gakpo and Nunez are no replacement for Mane and Bobby...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:59 pm

Reg » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:22 pm wrote:We saw last night that Elliot is no replacement for Mo. And Gakpo and Nunez are no replacement for Mane and Bobby...

Our forward line is not quite as bad as people are making out, eight months in to a nine month season and with only 8 games left we find ourselves joint top with Arsenal and ahead of City, I’m not saying this is the  best forward line we’ve ever had but they aren’t totally shyte either, we wouldn’t be able to keep pace with the other two over such a long period if they were hopeless
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:55 pm

Have my doubts also on 2nd leg. Even in 2nd half when we made subs we couldn't even carve them open or create a proper chance. That Salah offside goal was how we were meant to link and get past them.

Anything is possible, but I'm struggling to see an iconic comeback in 2nd leg.

If we drop points against Palace then truly wheels have come off.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:21 pm

Our forwardas are no prime Salah Mane Bobby but they aren't Sh*t. We're out of energy once again, our players were busting a gut and Atalanta was just jogging around and still achieved a better level of strength.

Like the comment above me says, we introduced our best players later on but still couldn't do anything.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:36 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:59 pm wrote:
Reg » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:22 pm wrote:We saw last night that Elliot is no replacement for Mo. And Gakpo and Nunez are no replacement for Mane and Bobby...

Our forward line is not quite as bad as people are making out, eight months in to a nine month season and with only 8 games left we find ourselves joint top with Arsenal and ahead of City, I’m not saying this is the  best forward line we’ve ever had but they aren’t totally shyte either, we wouldn’t be able to keep pace with the other two over such a long period if they were hopeless

My point is that we're creating many great chances and failing to put them away. Conceding way too many early and needless goals at one end and failing to convert opportunities at the other. You don't win the league or create a sustainable run over 3-4 seasons unless you become clinical at both ends.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games