Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:21 pm

What a woldie from Diaz
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:55 pm

Klopp has got the line-up wrong today. Nat and Milner shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.

But it's a long season. And many more twists and turns to go.

We move on.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:56 pm

Fcuk that was 2 precious points lost
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:02 pm

The way things are these days, these two draws could mean the title is gone right from the off. Of course it's a long season but with Man City challenging there's little room for error, and we already have two.

As for Darwin, with that sort of attitude he better have Luis Suarez sort of skill. I know he's a young lad and all but if you're getting paid millions the least you could do is keep you cool and not cost your team needlessly like that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:05 pm

Well that was horse.shyte.

End of season we will cry about the start we had.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:07 pm

damjan193 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:02 pm wrote:The way things are these days, these two draws could mean the title is gone right from the off. Of course it's a long season but with Man City challenging there's little room for error, and we already have two.

As for Darwin, with that sort of attitude he better have Luis Suarez sort of skill. I know he's a young lad and all but if you're getting paid millions the least you could do is keep you cool and not cost your team needlessly like that.

We started casual last season aswell with that stupid draw against Brentford.. these stupid draws will definitely come back to haunt us.

Darwin let us down today, and I'm sure Klopp and the team will let him know about it.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:08 pm

damjan193 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:02 pm wrote:The way things are these days, these two draws could mean the title is gone right from the off. Of course it's a long season but with Man City challenging there's little room for error, and we already have two.

F'kin idiot he is.
Needs to be fined big time for what he did tonight.
Needs a good f'kin slapping too.
Utter idiocy, the gobshyte.
And yes, even now, I think we've have it to City
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:11 pm

That was shyte, all that possession and yet anything meaningful was from a hoof!!

Nunez is a muppet. Deserved the red and I think VAR would have gave it for the first attempt anyway. No good to us now for at least 3 games so nice one!!

Wee harv played well but just lacks that physical presence, Good goal from Diaz and my MOTM, kept going gave it his all. Ali pulled off a few saves as well so deserves a mention.

Absolute massive game coming up next now against the scum who are going to fight tooth and nail. If we don't get 3 points then we are in big trouble.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:13 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:55 pm wrote:Klopp has got the line-up wrong today. Nat and Milner shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.

But it's a long season. And many more twists and turns to go.

We move on.

Hate seeing milner starting games for us. Just shows how weak the squad really is and he will always be the first one Klopp calls on.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:29 pm

I think we needed a fighter in the team.. we lacked it in the cup finals, especially in that game vs Madrid. We've seen 2 fighters tonight, one being negative in Darwin and one being positive in Luis Diaz.

We knew Darwin was a hot head.. he kicked lumps out of Virg and Konate in the champions league.. its been awhile since we had a player like this and they are hard to control. It was a riskey signing.

It's gonna be a rollercoaster of highs and lows so we might aswell buckle up.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:09 am

Yet another awful performance and thanks mainly to Daiz to save his team a point (MOM) however, it just shows how our squad is quite weak if you compare it with Spurs, M.City, Chelsea, and even Arsenal, I know lots of players are injured! more or less the first team selects itself, and that is why Salah (enjoying his weekly payout) but zero performance, so how that was expected of him, he has been so poor for months very much is looking as a very average player.

Tough games are ahead, we hope to get a bit of a better luck.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:02 am

I’m not going to crucify the lad and blame the result on him, he’s young, learning a new country and language and playing in a league like no other. That was the dark arts of football and he fell for it, he’ll learn from it. Darwin was certainly giving everything he could and that line gets blurry sometimes. To think Pickford did not even get carded for an action that ended a players year and Nunes misses three games for that bit of bad acting, as he didn’t actually hit him or cause any injury, it was all about conning a ref that doesn’t like us. I’ve seen that same “headbutt” get only a yellow so many times. He shouldn’t have done it, he should have kept cool but that was childish rather than violent, was it worthy of a three match ban? I don’t think so.

It was interesting how Diaz came to life as soon as Nunes left the field, as prior to that he was looking light weight, it’s like he became free.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:07 pm

I wouldn't blame him for the result entirely but he deserves to be crucified for that. Players wind each other up and that's part of the game but having a suarez moment isn't. He took a swipe with the head in the air before having another go when they clashed. Can't be doing that and expecting to get away with it. He isn't a child and is well experienced so no excuse to react like that because it isn't going your way.

The pressure of playing for a big club like this is massive never mind just coming in the door and then expected to carry the lot. Personally I think we have thrown him in to deep and the weight of it got to him. He wasn't playing well and missed a few which allowed your man into his head.

That game as well reminded me of a period a few years ago when we couldn't buy a win and struggled to lift ourselves above the opposition we were playing.

Anyway he dropped us in it now and will be gone for manure, b'mouth and Newcastle. I hope he got hauled into klopps office this morning and is still in there now getting the face chewed off him for absolute stupidity.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:11 pm

I'm fed up of Liverpool playing beautiful football and having 75% possession then in 8 of the last 9 games, falling one behind.
11 beautiful footballers and no one capable of smashing the ball into the back of the net.
Mo is a one trick pony stuck out on the right where he can do no highly paid damage.
Nunes shouldn't have been sent off because we should have been 3-0 up by half time.
We played 37 year old Milly as first choice then Elliot and Carvalho, 2 prospects for the future but they were never going to turn that game round.
TAA was up front leaving massive gaps for Phillips to fill behind and we know he's not fast.
Robbo spent most of the game higher up the field than Diaz. So he's clearly no longer a fb?
We shouldn't be surprised that we concede goals, all the invitations are there.
What we miss is the front men to be banging away these chances. Game over after 20 minutes.
We just plod on and on doing the same thing expecting a different outcome.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:48 pm

The way we've been playing for the past 12 months or so, I started to feel like we sort of lost our identity. Probably in a pursuit to improve and become more dominant in games, we started to play in a style that isn't our own.

In the past we didn't have that much of the ball but our attacks (and far more frequent counter attacks) were a lot more explosive and deadlier. In recent months however, I feel like we try too hard to be like Man City with all that possession. But like Reg said above me, we have plenty of possession but we don't do much with it. IMO our team just isn't built to play like that, especially our midfield. Since Klopp arrived, our midfield has always been workman like and with not that much creativity, total opposite of City's midfield I might say. That obviously has flaws but it worked for us for the way we played. Now, we're trying something different but we simply don't have the personnel for it. Other teams seem to know this and they know how to use it against us. Real Madrid did it to great effect in the CL final, they let us huff and puff knowing that we'll likely not do anything with all that possession and wait for a chance for a quick counter and sucker punch us. Palace had the same tactic and many others did as well last season.

I know it makes sense to have more of the ball than the opponent but sometimes it isn't the best tactic. I liked us far better when we had less of the ball but could do a lot more with it when when we had it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games