Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:42 am

When they say 2022 do they mean the January window or next summer? Be great if we get him in Jan, he's a good player that lad.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:24 am

He won’t be arriving in Jan
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:44 pm

I think Bissouma is exactly the type of midfielder we'd be after. But surely we would have got him in the summer rather than wait for Jan. We're pretty well stocked in midfield so the only way I see him coming in Jan is if Ox or Keita move in the same window.

After the Milan game Klopp made it pretty clear that we wanted to move Origi on so him leaving and an attacker coming in is probably far more likely. Think Origi would be a great shout for a team like Brighton or Southampton at 10-15mil. His agent needs to work a bit harder to get him a move.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:10 pm

Eagle » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:44 pm wrote:Think Origi would be a great shout for a team like Brighton or Southampton at 10-15mil. His agent needs to work a bit harder to get him a move.

Brighton, Southampton, Leeds, West Ham, Burnley... the list is endless outside the top 6. I guess his wages are putting folks off.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:11 pm

I'll be genuinely surprised if Divock leaves, the club got carried away that year he scored 2 against Barca in the semi's and gave him a new long term contract, he'll just sit on that deal until it runs out imo then leave on a free. We signed him back in 2014 meaning he's spent the past 7 years as a squad player, he's clearly happy to play that role.
If he goes to lead the line at say a Wolves or Brighton if the goals dry up fingers will be pointed at him, when you lead the line there's nowhere to hide, here at Anfield there's no pressure on him, if the goals dry up here it won't be him getting criticised it'll be the likes of Mo, Sadio, Bobby and Diogo kopping all the sh1.t. Job wise he's got himself a great little number here, probably earns north of 50k a week with minimal pressure and all the kudos that comes with being an LFC player. To be fair if I was in his position I'd probably do the same myself. He didn't offer himself that new contract the club did, can't blame him for signing it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:45 pm

He will hold out and go on a bosman. He has had opportunities to move and get regular football but for one reason or another they fell through.

He just isn't good enough and never was. He hasn't improved either and looks about as interested in putting in a good shift as he does in getting a move. He has basically wasted his career here as a bit part player no one wants to see as a regular. Whatever the clubs reasons for keeping him are I don't know but it isn't for the football.

Need to sort something with Ox and Keita as well because they are serious expensive back ups to Elliot and Jones.

Milner, Woodburn and Van Den Berg are the only contracts set to expire next season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:50 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:41 pm

League Cup QF draw yesterday in case anyone missed it -

LIVERPOOL v Leicester
Brentford v Chelsea
Arsenal v Sunderland
Tottenham v West Ham

Not the easiest draw but at least we are at home, I'd much rather play Leicester at Anfield than go away to say Chelsea or Brentford so its one of those, could have been better, could have been worse.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:23 pm

England beat San Marino 10-0 last night with Kane getting 4.
Klopp would have played the youngsters for that game, it seems kinda strange that Southgate played his first XI and humiliated the other side.
Strange game football.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:07 am

Reg » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:23 pm wrote:England beat San Marino 10-0 last night with Kane getting 4.
Klopp would have played the youngsters for that game, it seems kinda strange that Southgate played his first XI and humiliated the other side.
Strange game football.

Kane wanted to break records, I think he even took two penalties. So he scored 7 goals in the last couple of games against weak opposition. Southgate on the other hand wants to be knighted.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:50 am

And Ian Wright was left having to congratulate Kane on equaling his 48 goals for England.  It's a shame stats don't tell a story.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:31 pm

Yeah I thought it was a bit  distasteful to play such a strong team and score 10 goals against San Marino when they were already certain to finish first.

Anyway, it's a bit concerning how many of our players got injured during this break. Jota, Mane, Henderson and Robbo all had injuries. Mane was back in training today I think but the others might be out.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:07 pm

The premier league need to start having a word with the relevant bodies because all these international breaks are starting to affect their product. The prem is so stop start these days it's barely worth watching.
You wouldn't even mind if everything ground to a halt for something worth watching.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:16 am

And FIFA w3ant to change the World Cup to every 2 years!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:16 am

Liverpool have received a boost in their reported pursuit of Porto winger Luis Diaz after it emerged the Portuguese giants are willing to lower their demands.

According to Portuguese outlet Record, Klopp is keen to add Diaz to his squad after twice facing the Colombian in the Champions League this season.

The report claims Klopp is “convinced" the 24-year-old can make a contribution to his squad and would like to explore making an offer in the January transfer window.

Porto are reluctant to lose their star man, who has scored 12 goals and registered two assists in 17 appearances for Porto this season.

But it is now understood they are willing to agree to a deal for a fee considerably lower than his €80million (£67.6m) release clause if Liverpool push ahead with their plans to make a signing in January.

Their Merseyside rivals Everton have been linked with Diaz in the past, but Liverpool’s knack for qualifying for Europe on a regular basis would surely put them ahead if the two clubs go head-to-head for his signature.

Reds urged to sign McGinn
The Scotland international has become synonymous with the Midlands outfit since arriving from Aberdeen back in 2016 for just £2m.

McGinn has made over 100 appearances for the Villains and has appeared in all but one of their games this season, with the box-to-box midfielder scoring three times.

And former Republic of Ireland international Tony Cascarino feels the 27-year-old would be a superb addition to Liverpool’s squad, although new boss Steven Gerrard will not want to sell him.

"McGinn is good enough to be playing for a Champions League club and at 27 he’s still got the best years of his career ahead of him," Cascarino said in The Times.

"He’s a goal threat and he is tough to shake off the ball.

"He’s got that same body shape Wayne Rooney had, but don’t mistake that for him being out of condition.

"I think he would suit the way Liverpool play and make a great replacement for Henderson. But Gerrard will know all of this and the Villa manager will do all he can to keep him."
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill