2021/22 other scores (significant or not)

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:58 pm

See Leicester beat City 1-0 in the Community Shield, City were missing their England contingent though and had a fair few youngsters in their line up. Even though let's hope it's a sign of things to come.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:40 pm

Rangers were knocked out of the CL tonight by Malmo, no Anfield return for Stevie this season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:36 pm

Didnt think Manure would win that against Leeds  :down:  was hoping they would drop points there.

City lost to Spurs so nice to get 3 points on them in the 1st  week. If they dont land a striker they will be in trouble especially if refs arent giving pens for minimal contact.

Personally I think the Chavs will be the team to beat this year. They wont concede much and have a lot of variety up front. Tuschel is a good manager and has turned them around pretty quickly. They are on the up.

If we can get to the 1st international break unbeaten it will build confidence and set the tone for the season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:27 pm

Agree about City struggling without a proper striker, they had Aguero there for a decade to fall back on but now he's gone. It's a pity they have only got Norwich next week, a team like a West Ham or even Everton might have given them a bit of trouble given they are not firing on all cylinders up front.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Big game for Rafa tonight, I think he'll be targeting a European place and a trophy and the League Cup is probably his best hope.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:17 pm

Rafa's aim is to see out the season without the silly half of the city forcing him out.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:18 pm

Arsenal tonked by City 5-0.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:37 am

Get ready for the media w@nkfest when ManUre beat Newcastle 3-0 and Ronaldo scores a penalty in the game and takes his shirt off.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:03 pm

Ronaldo didn't play particularly well but he did what good poachers do and weighed in with a couple of goals. Sure that'll be all we hear till next week.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:15 pm

I am curious to see how his joints will feel in the cold and wet winter months. He’s played in warm weather for the last 13 years and not to say he can’t do it but I think you’ll see more missed games through injury. I feel he is a luxury player when they should have strengthened in their midfield. They seem the perfect “flat track bully team” and will rack up high scores against the weaker teams but do they have enough against the stronger teams. I hope not obviously but I feel momentum will make them better. Them not doing well will put the manager and team under real pressure and in turn cause instability, they are at a pivotal moment and they seem to have gone all in, I hope they implode!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:41 pm

Chelsea playing Man City at the moment, important match for us too. I know most think a draw would be the best result for us but I'm rooting for City TBH. Chelsea are definitely the team to beat this season and one we might regret not beating at Anfield when they had a man down. I know City has the ability to go on a winning streak no matter how poor they've been, but with their lack of a striker this season (which Pep didn't fail to moan about) I think they won't be such a big threat for the title this season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:59 pm

Watching the United game parallelly and it's almost painful to watch the decisions going their way and the amount of luck they've had not to be behind. Aston Villa clearly the better team but despite their chances they still haven't scored and you can bet your ***** United will find a dodgy winner sooner or later. Some things just never change.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:47 pm

Delighted to see Villa grab all the points today and more than happy to see City get one over Chelsea.  :buttrock

Just hope we can take advantage in the table with a win at Brentford.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:18 pm

Everton get a draw at Old Trafford, they very nearly won it with the disallowed goal at the end, Davies should have had a go himself instead of squaring it to Mina. Good result for us though, keeps us top without even having to play.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:18 pm wrote:Everton get a draw at Old Trafford, they very nearly won it with the disallowed goal at the end, Davies should have had a go himself instead of squaring it to Mina. Good result for us though, keeps us top without even having to play.

I saw that, was screaming “don’t pass it” as I could see he was offside
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion