LIVERPOOL v southampton Sat 8th May 8.15pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sat May 08, 2021 10:09 pm

Performance was not that good really thought Southampton were going to equalise, however, importantly we still keep on going for 4th. Still a difficult task but at least we are still in the mix.

If West ham beat Everton I think they are more of the threat for 4th than Leicester.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 08, 2021 11:17 pm

Feck City and Feck Aguero as well for that penalty. The big Charlie trying to seal the league with that.  :laugh:  plonker!!

Not a great performance tonight but enough to keep the dream alive!!. Clean sheet as well so hopefully it will build a bit of confidence for the Manure game.

Delighted to see Thiago get on the scoresheet and I am really convinced Jota would be better as an impact player from the bench.

Manure play Leicester on Tuesday so we really need them to win that and then lose to us  :laugh: would have preferred if the Chavs lost tonight as well  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 08, 2021 11:35 pm

Leicester have Manure, Chelsea and Spurs in their last 3  :laugh:  that's a tough run in there.

Chelsea have Arsenal, Leicester and Villa but will have one eye on the final.

West Ham have the bitterz, Brighton, West Brom and Southampton.

We have Manure, West Brom, Burnley and Palace.

Assume Leicester take 4 points. They will finish on 67.
Assume the Chavs get 6 that will take them to 70.  Possible West Ham could take 9 finishing on 67. If we win all ours we will have 69. Even one draw could kill us completely.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 08, 2021 11:54 pm

red till i die!! » Sat May 08, 2021 10:17 pm wrote:Feck City and Feck Aguero as well for that penalty. The big Charlie trying to seal the league with that.  :laugh:  plonker!!

Not a great performance tonight but enough to keep the dream alive!!. Clean sheet as well so hopefully it will build a bit of confidence for the Manure game.

Delighted to see Thiago get on the scoresheet and I am really convinced Jota would be better as an impact player from the bench.

Manure play Leicester on Tuesday so we really need them to win that and then lose to us  :laugh: would have preferred if the Chavs lost tonight as well  :down:

Wasn’t aware that United have to play Tuesday then us 2 days later, watch them put a reserve team out against Leicester and save all their big guns for the game against us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 09, 2021 12:58 am

Yup it is fairly obvious Ole will do that, what better for him, a Europa win, UCL sorted for next year and to top it off he will prevent us from getting a spot!

I think his midweek dig was definitely toward us.

I won't expect much from Everton either, unless Carlo has got some respect and will still make his team have a go at it. I've said this before I still maintain that West Ham will be in a very strong position if they beat Everton. Have a glance at their remaining fixtures, all are winnable.

I think it would also be good if we can build our GD because it could all end with that.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 09, 2021 11:23 am

I hope Kabak is fit for Thursday, Reece Williams has got many attributes/strings to his bow but pace on the turn isn’t one of them, Kabak is hardly a flying machine himself but he’s quicker than Reece.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun May 09, 2021 12:53 pm

A little disappointed with the players reactions to the goals, especially Thiago’s goal. I don’t think we have that same team chemistry we built the team on. Maybe I’m reading too much into it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 09, 2021 7:21 pm

Hey, Everton actually did us a favour today. We're definitely still in the race.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 09, 2021 7:48 pm

Good on the bitterz :laugh: 

Manure might put out a weakened side against Leicester but they wont against us and that is perfectly understandable.  That's what rivalry is and I wouldnt expect any different from our end.

We need to go there and win without the fear of what team they play. Expect the worse and prepare for it but the onus is on us to get the 3 points. 

On a side note they are planning another protest at this game again.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 09, 2021 8:50 pm

Thank you Everton, So now comes the big one, beating United on their turf will feel like a cup final win, considering the circumstances.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games