TAKUMI MINAMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:17 pm

Didn't think he has been that bad in the minutes he played so far. If anything I would say he is just playing safe till he adapts and acclimatises to what Klopp wants him to do. The kind of runs he was making with Salzburg will come but most likely next season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:28 pm

I don't like to slate our players, but...

What does Minamino offer our team?

He is easily brushed off for 50/50 balls and seldom seems to click with our front three. His passing isn't great either.

Am I missing something?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:58 pm

Actually thought he did quite well when he came on. Connected the midfield and attack in way that didn't happen in the first half.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:06 am

Cool Hand Luke » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:58 pm wrote:Actually thought he did quite well when he came on. Connected the midfield and attack in way that didn't happen in the first half.

He’s starting to play with more confidence but still, a little too polite for the PL, a little too soft in the way he plays. Jota, Mane, Salah are in no way aggressive but they are all hard, Takumi is not.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:46 pm

Minimino's gone out on loan to Southampton until the end of the season.

Keita and Minimino were brought in as first team players, to be usurped by Curtis Jones and now Thiago and not being good enough to rotate with Bobby.

Mini needs game time so hopefully Soton will play him every week and the chance to develop and show Klopp he's good enough. Failing that he'll move on this summer.

This is an opportunity, it's better than warming the bench and never getting a game. The lad have value.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:41 pm

Good decision to send him out on loan. Best of luck to him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:55 pm

Never been overly impressed with Mini however I wish him luck at Southampton and hope it works out. Personally I just don’t think he is up to Premiership standard. He was always going to be worth a punt given what we paid for him. Success at Southampton will only push his price up. Unfortunately Mini  reminds me of Aqualani who was always a little bit lightweight.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:41 pm

Doing quite well at Southampton and already has two goals and two very good finishes. Playing as a 10 in their 4-2-2-2 system is the perfect fit for him. Needs to work on his fitness and body strength but taking positive steps.
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:59 pm

I can remember watching the Palace game on TV last season when we threw up a veritable cricket score and although Keita dictated and completely controlled the play in the middle and was by far the most outstanding performer that day ,Minamino was equally as important to the team with his unpredictability and direct running and Palace simply couldn't handle him as he pulled their defence all over the shop. 

Minamino may be raw ,but he causes chaos in an opponents penalty area and in my opinion he certainly merits a few more opportunities this season based purely on what I've seen thus far.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:28 pm

I think all squad players should be getting more opportunities than Klopp currently affords them. I thought he was doing great at the start of the season by using maximum subs every game but lately he has reverted to type.  It's a hard ask for a player who has played about 15 mins over 2 months to suddenly have the A game needed to change a result when called upon.

Minamino does cover a lot of ground and is a handful to keep track of his movements but he needs to be in the right place at the right time though because he loses out if any physicality is involved. 

I would like to see him feature more regular though.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:17 am

Looks like he is going to Monaco for 15 million. He was worth the gamble at the price we got him but he just seemed a little too polite for the premier league although his goal per game was pretty good. Scored some important goals and I wish him all the best in a slower and less intense league.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:16 pm

Good player, earned and deserved the medals for domestic trophies. I just couldn't see him part of the main xi. Good squad player and did pretty well when called upon. Hope he does well with his new club.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:59 pm

Was a good back-up player. Did well last season in the cups. I think I read somewhere that he felt nobody cared about his performances last season, not sure I agree with that statement, but he's never going to be a regular starter for us, so I can understand why he wants to go. Best of luck to him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:14 pm

Yeah good luck to the lad, as others have said he’s a decent little player but unfortunately you need to be better than decent to get into our starting XI every week.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:34 pm

Skillful attacker but always felt he was too lightweight for the Premier League.

Am sure he'll be a success in a less physical League.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion