Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Kabak deal done it seems
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:24 pm

From what I’ve read, he is a big strong defender that ranks high for duels won and aerial challenges won but less high for passing out of the back and dribbles. It is a six month loan with an option to buy.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:57 pm

Let’s hope these 2 lads that we’ve brought in can do the business for us. To be fair with Thiago in the middle of the park we tend to have a lot of the ball these days so it’s not like they’ll be expected to cope with backs to the wall stuff for 90 minutes, even in this recent bad run, it’s wasnt like teams had us under the cosh, the opposite in fact, they sat deep let us have the ball and hit us with the odd counter.
That’s what they’ll have to deal with - specific moments like that free kick Southampton had when Ings scored and the WH corner yesterday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:10 pm

Don't think we intended on signing any CB's in this window until the possibility of losing Matip came about. That lad Kabak is only 20 so might not be quite ready for the prem. Davies would be well used to the rough and tumble so might get ahead of him in the pecking order.

It's better options than we had last week so with any luck one of these will turn out to be a right gem and feature in the run in.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:07 pm

Well it's sorted now. Don't think either will be eligible for Brighton on Wednesday and can't see them being dropped in against City (Fabinho and Henderson most likely). But the Leicester game week after might see one of them start. Shame we're out of the FA Cup as they would have most likely debuted alongside each other.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:22 pm

Eagle » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:07 pm wrote:Well it's sorted now. Don't think either will be eligible for Brighton on Wednesday and can't see them being dropped in against City (Fabinho and Henderson most likely). But the Leicester game week after might see one of them start. Shame we're out of the FA Cup as they would have most likely debuted alongside each other.

Yeah good point about the FA Cup, even the Leicester game, that’s a big game to give someone their debut particularly if we beat Brighton and City, I think Jurgen will probably stick with Fab, Hendo and Phillips for now until he’s had a chance to have a good look at the 2 new lads in training.
Saying that he might throw one on if we are 3-0 up and there’s 10 minutes to go or something but other than that I’d be surprised to see one of them starting anytime soon.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:47 pm

Saints apparently in for minamino on loan...think it’s a good opportunity for him to get more game time and come to grips with the PL before hopefully returning to us a better player.
Franky000

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:20 pm

Minamino needs to eat a few roast dinners and bulk up if he's got any chance in this league or with LFC
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:56 pm

Minamino was cheap, but he's not what we need. Hopefully he makes an impression and the move is permanent.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:01 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:18 am

Anelka was a strange fish....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:41 pm

Reg » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:18 am wrote:Anelka was a strange fish....

Still, we shouldn't have ever let him leave. Diouf was a disaster.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:23 am

https://paisleygates.com/archives/40028

We were close to signing Carmo from Braga
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:28 am

Rep – Liverpool agreed terms with £35million star in January
February 14, 2021

In the summer transfer window, Liverpool considered several options to improve their attack and one of the star players on their radar was Ismaila Sarr.

However, in the end, the Reds agreed a deal with Wolves (The Athletic) to hire the services of Diogo Jota, who started the season well but currently finds himself injured.

African agent Thierno Seyfi has revealed that the Anfield club also moved to sign Sarr in the winter transfer window, they even agreed terms with the player, but did not have the funds to meet the asking price of Watford.

“With Liverpool, a few days ago, we were at the stage of signing the contract to bind the Reds to Ismaîla Sarr. Everything was set, the monthly salary and the length of the lease.”

“I even asked Sadio Mané to find him an apartment. But in the end, the English club could not put 40 million euros (£35million) on the table to finalize this case.”

The 22-year-old winger was one of the brightest stars for the Hornets last season but he could not save them from relegation.

He scored a brace against Liverpool and also provided an assist to end our 18-game winning run and the un-beaten run in the Premier League last term.

As far as this season is concerned, the 32 capped international has so far directly contributed in 15 goals in 25 appearances in the Championship. Yesterday, he scored 2 goals and provided 2 assists in Watford’s 6-0 victory over Bristol City.

Liverpool have badly missed their first choice central defenders but to make matters worse, their attackers have been out of form since the turn of the year and that is why they risk losing out on CL football.

Sarr would have been a top signing in January but due to the financial implications of COVID-19, splashing 40 million euros (£35million) was always going to be a problem.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:31 pm

leeroy74 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:14 am wrote:Okay so when we start getting battered by lower league teams because we can only field 8 first teamers you'll be good with that? Or when at the end of the season Man City or worse still EVERTON win the league and Liverpool finish 9th because during November/December they only fielded 6 first teamers and every man and his dog steamed them you'll be ok with that because it's the highlight of the week?

Personally I'd rather be a miserable b@stard because all football is suspended and play with a full team  than be miserable because we're getting tonked every week!

I'm quoting myself here from October... kind of wish the season had been suspended.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill