All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:45 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:25 am wrote:Sorry but sat in the stands today - not one person around me gives a Sh*t about the FA Cup - if we go , then great , if we don’t , no big issues. Season is bigger than the FA Cup

I didn't realise they herded all the miserable tw@ts to sit together.   :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:47 pm

Having your blip near the end of the season can be worrying, but some teams have been having theirs for most of the season. We are definitely off the boil and tonight's result and performance has shown that. Fair play to chelsea for wanting it more than us and their players were outstanding tonight. We were better than against watford but still disappointing to not score again. The FA cup is not important to Klopp which is why he shows it no respect and we keep getting knocked out every year. This year was entertaining because of the progression of the kids, but we were never going to beat a team which believes in the cup and needs to win it to appease their fans. We have to concentrate on the title, even, dare I say it, at the expense of the CL?
We cannot, must not and dare not fu'ck up the prem and although we are 22 points ahead, a little voice inside all of us is whispering that we still havent won it yet. We, as supporters need to hold our nerve and be positive, no matter what the result, as our nervousness and impatience will be picked up by the players. The last thing we need is for them to feel that were not behind them or over critical of their efforts. Bournemouth next week is a must win purely to get the momentum going again. We cannot let this slip...
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:14 am

Klopp will be annoyed but focused on Bournemouth this weekend. Then the big game is upon us, A Madrid next week.
He's still on course to make history this season and if we lose to Bournemouth on Saturday it's not the end of the world and time to look for a new manager - football is a funny old game.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:58 pm

I'm just disappointed we couldn't win more titles or go unbeaten in the league. I mean, we're still in for the Double which is no mean feat, even winning the Premier League alone will be a tremendous achievement, but the treble and/or going unbeaten is something else. This team had the potential to be one of the best ever and I'm slightly disappointed we couldn't go all the way with everything.

Oh well, that's life and that's football. Bournemouth up next, we need that win.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:20 am

Jurgen Klopp's impact on Liverpool hailed by Pep Lijnders
Lijnders: "We really feel that we are a team. We prepare together, we plan together, we act together, we coach together."

Last Updated: 18/03/20 12:37pm

Liverpool assistant manager Pep Lijnders believes the impossible pursuit of perfection has driven the club to their current position as the Premier League's best.

The Reds have run away with the Premier League this season, dropping just five points in 29 matches as they opened up a 25-point gap over defending champions Manchester City before the suspension of all football due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Lijnders on Klopp: "He is very intelligent. His brain works differently to many others, that's for sure."

Their quest for a first top-flight title in 30 years remains on hold due to the ongoing uncertainty but Lijnders stressed the protocols and practices put in place during Jurgen Klopp's near five-year tenure means the club are now perfectly positioned, having missed out to City by just a point last season.

"The departments, how they evolved over the last four or five years, they all search for perfection knowing that perfection doesn't exist," Lijnders told liverpoolfc.com.

"See how our pitches are prepared each day by our ground staff... these things make us consistent.

"Each department is searching for and has the ambition and passion. I believe that only comes first from your leader and second, that it's trust and everybody wants to give one per cent more, so the team is better prepared for the next game.

"I think we made big, big steps in this. A big compliment for each department."

Earlier this month Liverpool set a new top-flight record of 22 successive home victories, extending their unbeaten league record at Anfield to 55 matches.

It is no coincidence the club's upturn in fortunes, which has brought one domestic and three European finals - the second of which resulted in their Champions League success in June - has coincided with the appointment of Klopp.

They added to that this season with victory in the European Super Cup and the Club World Cup, the one trophy which had evaded them.

Everything revolves around the charismatic German, whose larger-than-life personality has the effect of lifting all those who work with him and energising them to excel.

"He is very intelligent. His brain works differently to many others, that's for sure. Each day he surprises me - and we worked how long together? Four-and-a-half or five years. He changes perception in five minutes," added Lijnders.

"We really feel that we are a team. We prepare together, we plan together, we act together, we coach together.

"I'm responsible for the training process, Peter (Krawietz) is really responsible for the analysis of the opposition and analysis of our team.

"All the ideas Jurgen has and the way he wants to set up and be competitive in each game, we just try to support him in the best way possible.

"Three brains can do much more than one brain, if the three brains think in a common way and have the same messages and same passion and same dedication.

"That's the secret if you are working with a team, that everybody wants the same and understands the way we want to play and the way we want to develop on the training pitch."
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:51 am

Thank you boss! for the all the hardwork and for all the joy you brought to every Liverpool supporter.

LEGEND

:buttrock  :bowdown
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:13 am

The job he has done borders on the miraculous, a World Club Championship final, a League Cup final, a Europa League final, 2 CL finals, a second place finish and our first League title in 30 years.
That is some CV especially considering we had only qualified for the CL once in the 7 years before he took over. When someone described him as the 21st century Bill Shankly (might have been Bruce Grobbelaar, I can’t remember now) that wasn’t hyperbole, it was pretty much just a statement of fact.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:35 am

He's one of our greats. Up there with Shanks, Bob and King Kenny.

What's more, he's here to stay. During his interview with Radio 5 he said "I'm going to be here for some time yet"
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:39 am

Love him, absolutely amazing fella. I still can't believe he has landed us no.19.
I am sure no. 20 and 21 will follow while Klopp is here.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:18 pm

He's an amazing manager and currently the best one in the game  :nod . What he has done here with us is a hell of an achievement in such a short space of time.  :bowdown

:buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:42 pm

That statue of Bob Paisley carrying Emlyn Hughes is a cracker, they may as well get the fella who did that to start a Klopp one now. Instead of waiting until he’s left the club they may as well put it up now, let’s face it, putting the European Cup and WC Championship aside for one moment, being the man who brought the Holy Grail back after 30 long years he’s going to be honoured at some point anyway, may as well make it a statue and do it now whilst that sculpture fella is at the top of his game. In fact looking at how good that Paisley/Hughes one is I’d order a job lot from that fella, there are some truly awful statues about these days (like that C.Ronaldo one) so I’d get him to do Gerrard, Billy Liddell, Tom Watson, John W Henry etc etc etc ones while he’s at it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:45 am

When Klopp first joined I just couldn't see it. I struggled to get past the Klopp hype and the fact a lot of people put him on a pedestal before he'd actually brought anything to the table. I was skeptical and I was nervous we'd maybe made a mistake. However, I warmed to his charm and the way he managed the team. I could then see chinks of light as he molded this team. Then when he landed us the Champions League no.6 I was sold. So it's been a pleasure to watch him top that with this league title. I hold my hands up and say I was wrong about him all those years ago but that is where I was at the time and that was my opinion. I didn't want to accept him for who he was and what he was about to achieve because I'd done that with Souness/Evans/Hodgson and Rodgers and to be honest I felt mugged off at the end.

So in a nut shell I was wrong about you Mr.Klopp - you truly are a legend at this club now. You delivered on your promises and you did it in style. Thank you so much.  :hearts
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:41 pm

In my opinion Klopp is the new shanks, he brought us out of the darkness and back to the holy grail! I can’t praise him enough
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:12 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:45 am wrote:When Klopp first joined I just couldn't see it. I struggled to get past the Klopp hype and the fact a lot of people put him on a pedestal before he'd actually brought anything to the table. I was skeptical and I was nervous we'd maybe made a mistake. However, I warmed to his charm and the way he managed the team. I could then see chinks of light as he molded this team. Then when he landed us the Champions League no.6 I was sold. So it's been a pleasure to watch him top that with this league title. I hold my hands up and say I was wrong about him all those years ago but that is where I was at the time and that was my opinion. I didn't want to accept him for who he was and what he was about to achieve because I'd done that with Souness/Evans/Hodgson and Rodgers and to be honest I felt mugged off at the end.

So in a nut shell I was wrong about you Mr.Klopp - you truly are a legend at this club now. You delivered on your promises and you did it in style. Thank you so much.  :hearts

"When Klopp first joined I just couldn't see it"   WHOOOOPS !!   Great post. Just a shame it took you so long to go to Specsavers !! The NOT SO NORMAL one - perhaps the most important days work FSG have ever done is selling Juergen the dream and their vision. We are so lucky to have hime him. Thanks Juergen.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:38 pm

Juergen Klopp’s programme nites for the Chelsea game. Just a great bloke !!

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... cherish-it
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member