TAKUMI MINAMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:31 am

Takumi Minamino signed up.... well done Reds, he looks a great addition to the squad.    :buttrock

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... i-minamino
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:40 am

Reg » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:31 am wrote:Takumi Minamino signed up.... well done Reds, he looks a great addition to the squad.    :buttrock

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... i-minamino

Great signing... he can be a coutinho replacement...

Much needed creativity, much needed reinforcement! :buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:19 pm

I have a very sneaky feeling this kid is going to surprise us all and become an absolute star under Klopp’s tutelage.

Welcome to the greatest club in the world Taki!

Now show us what you can do..........
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:24 pm

Very pleased with this signing. He looked very good against us in the CL Group matches, so hopefully Klopp improve him and turn the guy into a world class forward.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:52 pm

I quietly suspect he's going to be unbearably good.

Minamino, 24, has scored nine goals and provided 11 assists in 22 appearances for the Austrian side this season.
Minamino finalised personal terms and passed a medical on Merseyside on Wednesday.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:47 pm

Skillfull, disciplined and with a great work ethic, seems like a natural for a team managed by Klopp.

Doubly pleased that he's coming in January. Jurgens been shuffling the team to try and give some players a rest, it's a great time to bring in a player of his quality. Confident he'll be a top asset for the rest of this season and the future.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:50 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:47 pm wrote:Skillfull, disciplined and with a great work ethic, seems like a natural for a team managed by Klopp.

Doubly pleased that he's coming in January. Jurgens been shuffling the team to try and give some players a rest, it's a great time to bring in a player of his quality. Confident he'll be a top asset for the rest of this season and the future.

Fark... Woof's goin' all soft on us...........  :rasp  :buttrock  :rasp
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Exciting signing, looks like he'll run himself into the ground, perfect fit for Klopp's squad and just when we need more support!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:21 pm

Looks like a masterstroke of a signing and not just because of the price.Technically sound and an absolute grafter.

That dreaded "major drop in quality" when one of the front 3 are out is going to become a thing of the past with Jurgen improving him and that in fairly short order IMO.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:33 pm

electrum » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:21 pm wrote:Looks like a masterstroke of a signing and not just because of the price.Technically sound and an absolute grafter.

That dreaded "major drop in quality" when one of the front 3 are out is going to become a thing of the past with Jurgen improving him and that in fairly short order IMO.

On the little i've seen, I don't see him filling in for Mane or Salah but stepping into Firmino's role or as an attacking part of our midfield is definitely a go  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:47 pm

Must admit I was quite impressed by his interview, it wasnt all smiles and all that malarkey, he seems a no nonsense type of character, all business.
We have a tendency sometimes to slip into a mode where the ball goes side to side, every one takes an extra touch and everything seems to be in slow motion, hopefully this fella is the antidote to that, he seems to like to do everything at pace.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:40 pm

Don't know much about the lad at all but he looked really good in the 2 games he played against us. If he puts in a few more performances like that he will be a hit in no time. He will have a week or more training with us so hopefully he makes his debut against Sheff Utd on the 2nd.

Would he be the first Japanese National to play for us ? Can't remember us ever having one before.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:50 pm

Clearly a very talented player and perfect fit for the Klopp blueprint. Really exciting and he's probably already worth £20m in red before he's kicked a ball. Premier League is a bigger and different challenge, hope he hits the ground running but may need a period of adjustment. Also the language barrier with team mates that I'm sure will be addressed longer term. The Vapors Turning Japanese ringing in my head.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:15 pm

parchpea » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:50 pm wrote:Clearly a very talented player and perfect fit for the Klopp blueprint. Really exciting and he's probably already worth £20m in red before he's kicked a ball. Premier League is a bigger and different challenge, hope he hits the ground running but may need a period of adjustment. Also the language barrier with team mates that I'm sure will be addressed longer term. The Vapors Turning Japanese ringing in my head.

Totally agree  :buttrock , Not sure about his language skills, but probably has some english (?) and after his time at Salzburg some German which he can share with Klopp, Mane and others ?

F*cking love your "Vapours" reference, released 40 years ago and I still have that tune on one of my playlists  :buttrock    :bowdown

Let's play it again  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:09 am

just know this lad will take the pressure off when one of our front 3 need a breather. The timing is great too... on our run in to the league title we have bolstered up the attack! Seems the owners and Klopp are not going to make the same mistakes and let the lead at the top slip through their fingers due to not reinforcing in Jan.
Everyone will be wondering what he can do... well he's straight out of the Ronaldo skills book. He'll do a few step overs, put the defender on his ***** and bang it in the top corner.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion