Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:50 pm

Rumours that we are one of the front runners for Jadon Sancho seem to be gathering pace. Whoever ends up getting him is going to have to pay a pretty hefty sum.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:32 pm

Well I wanted us to sign him but it seems like every day now that I read about his disciplinary issues and I'm not sure I want a player who isn't professional enough in our ranks, despite his talent.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:56 pm

Would take him in a flash - 19 year old kid who has been late a couple times and that’s it
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:08 pm

Sancho looks a bit over-hyped to me but I must admit I've never seen him play for Dortmund, only England.
A player who has impressed me in recent weeks though is the lad at Newcastle (Saint Maxim or something like that). He'd be a handful in a better team that lad, his workrate off the ball could be a concern though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:19 am

Personally I am not sure about that Sancho lad. He is completely overhyped and its because he is English and playing well in another league. We would be better off looking for someone already proven in the premier league rather than pay superstar rates for someone who might struggle. Think he needs another few years where he is before he gets that type of move.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:26 am

damjan193 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:32 am wrote:Well I wanted us to sign him but it seems like every day now that I read about his disciplinary issues and I'm not sure I want a player who isn't professional enough in our ranks, despite his talent.

Sterling as a kid had MASSIVE disciplinary issues.  3 kids by 3 different women by the age of 20 to start with....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:05 pm

Reg » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:26 am wrote:
damjan193 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:32 am wrote:Well I wanted us to sign him but it seems like every day now that I read about his disciplinary issues and I'm not sure I want a player who isn't professional enough in our ranks, despite his talent.

Sterling as a kid had MASSIVE disciplinary issues.  3 kids by 3 different women by the age of 20 to start with....

Firstly Sterling has two children. One with his current girlfriend and one from a previous relationship. Secondly, the number of children he has is not relevant to his dedication and professionalism towards football. When he wanted to leave us he kicked up a stink just like van Dijk did when he wanted to come to us. The mud thrown at him by the likes of the DM and the S*n sticks and unfortunately football fans continue to lap it up.

As for Sancho, there can't be many teenagers performing at his level in a top 5 leagues and in the CL for a big club like Dortmund. His profile is exactly the type we should be looking at. A teenager turning up late to training a few times isn't the end of the world. It's up to Klopp and the recruitment team to do their due diligence on him but I'd be pretty happy if we got him. If we don't then I'm pretty sure he'll end up at another big CL club.

But if we did get him, surely it would be either a change of system to a 4-2-3-1 to accommodate him and the front 3, or it means one of Salah or Mane are off. Can't see us buying a 100mil player who would be backup rotation for the front 3. And can't see him coming here unless he was confident he wouldn't be sitting on the bench for the big games

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:17 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:19 am wrote:Personally I am not sure about that Sancho lad. He is completely overhyped and its because he is English and playing well in another league. We would be better off looking for someone already proven in the premier league rather than pay superstar rates for someone who might struggle. Think he needs another few years where he is before he gets that type of move.

He is the real deal - not sure who you would suggest is “Prem proven” and better than him for now and the future. He is more than hype this lad - just watch what he did when he came on against Barce. He would a superb buy and would fit exactly what Klopp wants in a wide forward.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:48 am

I'd like to think Klopp can call any of the BM opponent managers and ask what Sancho was like. Not to hear it from BM but from their opponents is far better.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:53 pm

Apparently we are being linked with a 20 year old German lad called Kai Havertz, unfortunately so are the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Man City, Chelsea, Man United etc etc as well.
He must be half decent if all those clubs are after his signature.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:26 pm

BM ? He plays for Dortmund?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:49 pm

I would take Havertz in a heartbeat that kid has huge potential. I'm not sold on Sancho either, he never looks great when he plays at international level.

We've been linked with Sander Berge who plays for Genk. Good holding midfielder but I can only see him playing second fiddle to Fabinho.

To be honest I'd keep all the lads we have and blow all the money on Mbappe.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:47 am

Liverpool to sign Minamino in January
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:04 am

supersub » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:47 am wrote:Liverpool to sign Minamino in January

Sounds like its done. Paul Joyce has the most info from all the journalists and he's said we're interested and James Pearce has said it's "highly likely" to happen and he "expects it to happen". £7.25m release. He looked great against us.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:59 am

Ridiculous price for a very good player, if true.  I think we'll move Shaq on in the summer for double the money we'll pay for Minamino  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill