aston villa v LIVERPOOL Sat 2nd Nov 3.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:49 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:36 pm wrote:Delighted with the result. A few players not on their game today - Hendo, Lallana (not the worst admittedly), Salah (dafuq knows what's got into him of late)..
I thought Lovren did OK actually, surprisingly.
Credit to Villa, the coach set them up well and they worked like dogs.
We simply *have* to get a result against Citeh and sow doubts in their heads. If we don't, this will all be in vain.

Yep, we do need to get a result next week but it was also absolutely imperative that we got one today as well, to drop 3 points to a newly promoted side (blowing our lead over City in the process) would have been terrible.
With 5 minutes to go when City had turned their game around and we were still getting beat it was starting to look like this weekend could be pivotal, it still may prove to be pivotal, just not in the way City fans envisaged.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:56 pm

Just want to say, what a team we've got, it would be great shame if this group of players doesn't win at least one Premier League title. I wasn't around to see the great Liverpool teams of yore, so this is the best Liverpool team that I have personally seen.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:26 pm

Injury time is Champions time   :buttrock  :buttrock
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:31 pm

Extraordinary resilience today winning a game your losing with 10 mins remaining. Mane has been inspirational certainly out performing Firmino and Salah so far.

Sets it up nicely for next Sunday not a must win on the face of it but long run I reckon it is. Have to intimidate City at Anfield extend the gap to 9 points.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:23 pm

parchpea » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:31 pm wrote:Extraordinary resilience today winning a game your losing with 10 mins remaining. Mane has been inspirational certainly out performing Firmino and Salah so far.

Sets it up nicely for next Sunday not a must win on the face of it but long run I reckon it is. Have to intimidate City at Anfield extend the gap to 9 points.

We were far too passive against City last year at Anfield and we were lucky to come away with a draw (they blasted a late pen over the roof of the Annie Road stand). Over the last decade we have had quite a bit of success against them by going right after them gegenpressing style and I hope we do the same next weekend.
If we could extend that gap to 9 points City would be playing from then on in under a hell of a lot of pressure, any more slip ups and the gap could extend to 12 points and even beyond which would be potentially title winning. We had the chance to really crank he pressure up on them last season but blew it with a timid draw at home and a loss away,  we can't repeat last season's mistakes again this year.
Besides don't head-to-head records count these days? If they do we must win our home game.

Edit - just watched our game on motd, how the ***** was Bobby's goal ruled offside? That was a shocking decision!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:49 am

We were very lucky to get 3 points, lucky to get even 1. Villa outplayed us for most of the game and deserved to win.

The midfield pairing of Gini, Hendo and Lallana is not good enough to win the league and needs to be addressed immediately in the next window.

We're treading on thin ice here lads, we should be dropping points but for miracles.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:06 pm

Reg » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:49 am wrote:We were very lucky to get 3 points, lucky to get even 1. Villa outplayed us for most of the game and deserved to win.

The midfield pairing of Gini, Hendo and Lallana is not good enough to win the league and needs to be addressed immediately in the next window.

We're treading on thin ice here lads, we should be dropping points but for miracles.

Although I agree about our midfield Reg, I don't agree about Villa out playing us. They had two or three decent chances in the first half but we totally dominated them in the second and but for poor finishing and a bad VAR call we wouldn't have been relying on that late finish
Last edited by Boocity on Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Donavan Ried » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Think we lack trust and creativity in the mid-field, someone that can carry the ball, drive at defenders and has that final creative pass in them and carries a real goal threat... The Ox does not fit the creativity box... Lallana no final end ball or any real goal threat boxes, and Shaqiri has that creativity and goal threat, but not the drive at defenders and ability to take on and beat most players... Keita out of them all comes closest, but even he is not quite there...

I would love to see Lallana,Shaqiri and the Ox moved on this summer and Harry Wilson, Curtis Jones be given there chances and Takumi Minamino bought in from Salzburg
We have been luck thus far...That luck won't last
Donavan Ried
LFC Basic Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:50 pm

Chris Karama has come out and openly said that Martin Atkinson deliberately got the offside goal wrong this weekend. He said..

“In my opinion this is made up, this has been made up by somebody at Stockley Park who’s decided they don’t want this to be a goal, and that is my opinion, and that is my honest opinion"

Now this is the second time in 3 weeks that Atkinson has screwed us over deliberately.. And he also got the big decision wrong in the Arsenal match inbetween. He's obviously got a vendetta against us and someone's said that it might be that Gerrard mentioned him in a negative light in one of his books.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:16 pm

Splendid win Afterall, the first half was awful! Klopp realized he had to take off Salah , excellent response from  OX and to be fair Origi, however, Mane stood above the rest as he is our main striker, therefore, it is important  I will not put my Sh*t on till the end of the season.

Good luck lads for Tuesday CL and next Sunday massive game.
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby eds » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:09 am

Atkinson needs to be investigated full stop.

He is deliberately going out of his way every single game he has a hand in to f**k us over.

The club needs to have some serious words with the FA about his conduct and that he is a serial offender now. We can’t afford to have this c**t trying his dark arts when we know this season will be so close with those rich sheiks.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:18 am

eds » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:09 am wrote:Atkinson needs to be investigated full stop.

He is deliberately going out of his way every single game he has a hand in to f**k us over.

The club needs to have some serious words with the FA about his conduct and that he is a serial offender now. We can’t afford to have this c**t trying his dark arts when we know this season will be so close with those rich sheiks.

If Atkinson has anything to do with the City game at the weekend I will be absolutely furious.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games